Author Topic: Anyone here work out or run?  (Read 24364 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone here work out or run?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
Been wanting to get back active, I work in a call center so I get no real exercise at work. Been battling a bad back as well as chronic headaches and migraines, and know if I can get started on a better track of fitness I'll feel so much better. Too broke for a gym membership, so I gotta get creative. Great video Mel.

You can always jog on the bike paths of Highway 98 or the Beautiful Pensacola Beach. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
I do all my workouts daily on home gym equipment. I am 52 and no athlete but can not describe how much better I feel both physically and mentally by keeping up with a daily routine. I never exercised in my young days and am so pleased that I actually look better than. I did in my twenties. It's never to late to start.

@4fit:  Keep it up.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:15 AM »
I try to make it to the gym at least three days a week.  I started at a young age, then dropped out after having kids.  Been getting back into it for the last 5 years or so.  But I have a recent set-back.  I have a "high grade partial tear" on my distal bicep tendon.  It did not happen at the gym, I did it moving a large planter from my patio to protect it from cold weather.

I hope that you heal quickly from your injury.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
I aim to walk 2 miles per day, but this past week has been too cold to get out and walk. Don't have indoor walking track or mall nearby.  Next week should be warmer.

Hi Dan:  Keep it up and keep at it.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 09:19:06 AM »
I admire your willingness to make videos of your weight loss journey. Hopefully they will inspire me. I'm a little heavier and rounder around the middle than I would like to be. I was in to running for a while but got out of it for some reason.

I subscribed and can't wait to see what you post in your next video.

Hi Doug:  Thanks for suscribing.  I am going to have fun making these YouTube videos and if I can inspire just one person than it was all worth it.  Here is my latest YouTube video that I just loaded up.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:32 PM »
If anyone wants to follow me on YouTube... here is my latest YouTube video that I created today.  Hope you enjoy and welcome to my fitness journey. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  Here is my latest fitness video on YouTube.  Hope you enjoy.  Kindly like, comment, and suscribe to my fitness journey.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
The exercise routine you suggest is similar to Heavy Hands which was popular in the  1980's . The big difference is they did a larger # of exercises . Yes your right , It's a good cardio routine , not as boring as a treadmill.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  Here is my latest YouTube video that I just posted today.  Hope you enjoy.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  I invite you to suscribe to my YouTube channel which tracks my fitness journey.  Come join me for the ride.  Here is my latest YouTube video that I did today.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Hi fellow chrome domes.  Hope all is well with you and your families.  If you are following me on my fitness journey on my new fitness lifestyle . . . here is my latest YouTube video.  Hope you enjoy.

WARHAWK O0

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 04:58:26 PM »
I hear you.  Been working out the last couple of years after kidding myself that basketball one night a week and a few beers after was enough.  Focusing almost exclusively with weights.  Shaved a couple of inches off the waist and the kids are suggesting I'm looking more like a marine.  There's some great websites like "100 planks" where you can avoid a costly gym membership.  Hope that helps a bit. 

Been wanting to get back active, I work in a call center so I get no real exercise at work. Been battling a bad back as well as chronic headaches and migraines, and know if I can get started on a better track of fitness I'll feel so much better. Too broke for a gym membership, so I gotta get creative. Great video Mel.

You can always jog on the bike paths of Highway 98 or the Beautiful Pensacola Beach. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
Here is my latest YouTube video that I loaded up today . . .   " I QUIT !!! "

WARHAWK O0

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 06:04:17 PM »
Yes, I run. I run about 4 or five times a week. I fall out of bed at 3am and run about 2 miles on the treadmill. I then shower and shave my head before I leave for work. I live in Vegas so I find it more comfortable to run indoors since I don't feel like running after being at work/on my feet for 8 hours and the heat is not my idea of a relaxing environment to run in . I run in the morning first thing so that I can't find any reason not to get it in during the day since something always comes up including apathy that makes it hard to keep at it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »
"It Is Like Brushing Teeth" !!!

WARHAWK O0