Author Topic: ToiletTree Fog-Free Mirror  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Spog

• Learning the way of Sly
ToiletTree Fog-Free Mirror
« on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
I've always wanted to be a shower shaver, but have never had a fog-free mirror that actually worked like it was supposed to. This meant I'd pretty much given up and resorted to sink shaving.
5 different "fog-free" mirrors have been tried and tested by me in the shower; all have failed in one way or another - whether it's the mirror not actually being fog-free,  not staying on the wall, not showing a proper reflection, or a combination of all three.
Then I stumbled across this last month and haven't looked back.
You simply apply silicone to the back and attach it to any part of the bathroom you want. Wait 12 hours for it to dry and then slide the mirror in. It's simple, lightweight and very stable.
Other mirrors I've tried were like looking into a piece of aluminium wrap, but this is absolutely perfect.
You fill the reservoir at the back with hot water before use and you're good to go. Easy. This keeps the temperature of the actual mirror the same, resulting in no fog WHATSOEVER.
You also get a squeegee to wipe off any excess water, but it doesn't smear at all.

Being an ex-sink shaver, it'd usually take me 25-30 minutes a day from  start to finish. This monotonous routine involved showering, leaving shower, filling sink, applying headlube and oil on front and sides, shaving, putting head back in shower to wet the back, putting oil and lube on back of head, shaving, then back under shower head to rinse. All whilst occasionally having to wipe the moisture from my bathroom mirror with a towel.
After reading a billion reviews on Amazon and then buying the ToiletTree mirror, I put it in the shower and thought I'd time myself.
I was delighted to see it took  just 10 minutes in and out.  :)
This was without rushing and doing everything right.
It's more than halved my time in the bathroom, leaving me more time ito do things in the morning... or stay in bed :D

Sorry for the long-ish review, but I am really happy with the first truly (and secure) fog-free mirror on the market, so thought I'd share.
Highly recommended.

Slynito

Re: ToiletTree Fog-Free Mirror
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
I'm going to check this out...a mirror in the shower would sure help with shaving. Thank you mucho!

MikeBrke

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »
I have this mirror too. I agree with everything the original posted said. It really is a flawless product!

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
Alternatively you could just rub shaving foam (rather than gel) into a regular mirror and that stops it fogging up.

Enter your email address: