Author Topic: Are you more confident now?  (Read 7865 times)

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
Are you more confident now?
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »
As most of you know I’m a newbie sly. I have been trying to even out my head color to make it look better. However, the only place on the island that has a tanning booth was closed for a month or so I thought. Last night I went out for the first time since going sly and discovered a couple of advantages for me. I was sitting alone at a table when a lady approached and asked if she could join me. She said she liked guys who shaved their heads and asked why I shaved mine, advantage #1. So I told her why and we talked for a bit and then some of her friends came in and joined us. Now I am sitting at a table with four beautiful women having a good time, advantage #2. I am a shy person and have never had much confidence in the way that I looked. It’s not that I would get down on myself just never had confidence and would just go with the flow, I am what I am. But, as we were talking at the table I noticed that I was more confident about who I was and how I looked. I guess because the ladies liked the sly look and so I felt better about myself, advantage #3. So as we talked throughout the night I discovered that one of the ladies has a tanning bed at her house. I told her about me wanting to even out my head color and she offered me use of her tanning bed. So on Monday I will be going over to her house to tan and talk and enjoy my new look, advantage #4. Shaving my head has been one of the best things that I have done for myself in a long time. So just wondering if others are more confident with there sly look then they was before? Is it because others seem to like the look better or is it because you feel better about yourself?

THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline clipped

• Sly
Re: Are you more confident now?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
I am still doing the tight buzz.  But even that has helped me feel more confident than when my hair is raggy, say 2-3 weeks after a haircut, such that I have started to buzz it myself to keep it real tight. Plus. I do think it makes me look younger.   

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
As most of you know I’m a newbie sly. I have been trying to even out my head color to make it look better. However, the only place on the island that has a tanning booth was closed for a month or so I thought. Last night I went out for the first time since going sly and discovered a couple of advantages for me. I was sitting alone at a table when a lady approached and asked if she could join me. She said she liked guys who shaved their heads and asked why I shaved mine, advantage #1. So I told her why and we talked for a bit and then some of her friends came in and joined us. Now I am sitting at a table with four beautiful women having a good time, advantage #2. I am a shy person and have never had much confidence in the way that I looked. It’s not that I would get down on myself just never had confidence and would just go with the flow, I am what I am. But, as we were talking at the table I noticed that I was more confident about who I was and how I looked. I guess because the ladies liked the sly look and so I felt better about myself, advantage #3. So as we talked throughout the night I discovered that one of the ladies has a tanning bed at her house. I told her about me wanting to even out my head color and she offered me use of her tanning bed. So on Monday I will be going over to her house to tan and talk and enjoy my new look, advantage #4. Shaving my head has been one of the best things that I have done for myself in a long time. So just wondering if others are more confident with there sly look then they was before? Is it because others seem to like the look better or is it because you feel better about yourself?

Congrats! Nice story - a must for all fence-sitters.

J

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »
can i come hangout with you cowboy? four women? wow! that is awesome. good frickin job bro!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:32:49 AM »
So let me get this straight, a beautiful women, whom you've never met before, has invited you to her house to use her tanning bed, and all you plan to do is talk!  :/O  You should have aske her other three friends if they were coming also.  O0

Great story though, and I'm with Paul, can I hang out with you too?
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:43:11 AM »
So let me get this straight, a beautiful women, whom you've never met before, has invited you to her house to use her tanning bed, and all you plan to do is talk!  :/O  You should have aske her other three friends if they were coming also.  O0

Great story though, and I'm with Paul, can I hang out with you too?

Well first off I do sort of know her. Living in a small town I have seen her around before and know who she is and what she does but never really approached her. As for my plans to use the tanning bed talking is only the start. I figure if I show up with some taning lotion and no swimsuit (for that even all over tan) I will need some help applying the lotion. LOL  Like I said I am a shy guy and take things slowly but am geting more confident now.

And yes any of you who want to come and hang out with me can. You just have to bring a wig so I still got an advantage. ;D
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »
Ahh, a man with a plan, sorry I miss judged you (no bathing suit) O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
You just have to bring a wig so I still got an advantage. ;D

haha awesome.

being sly has brought my confidence up a whole lot. Its not an isolated phenomenon, it just seems to be that way for almost everyone.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »
Fantastic Cowboy! 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »
Great story, bro, and a good plan, too! O0

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »
So just wondering if others are more confident with there sly look then they was before? Is it because others seem to like the look better or is it because you feel better about yourself?

Yes cowboy, definitely. I guess I'd have to say "both" to your question. I feel better about myself because I know its a great look and so do others. Best of luck with you and your new prey.   O0
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:37 AM »
I definitely like my looks better since I went sly and without a doubt I have a lot more confidence.  O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Yes, I do feel more confident in myself

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
Yeah: way more confident now than when I had hair.  I hated taking of a jumper, going out in the wind etc incase it messed up (not that i was balding, but because when my hair was longer it needed tonnes of hairspray to keep it in place ;D).. I'm much more confident now 8)

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »
Way more confident not than when I had hair.  No longer worried about what my hair looks like and feel liberated from the nuisance of trying to keep it in place in the wind.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Enter your email address: