Author Topic: side-profile.....  (Read 14741 times)

shakf

Re: side-profile.....
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
The only person that mentioned that my profile wasn't right was my mum. That is only because I look like my dad and that my parents separated when I was nine. Mum despises dad so really does not like me to look like him. (He was SLY as well) You can see my profile from the right and attached is my profile from the left.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »

Greetings, Side Profilers –

I’d have to say that there is one aspect of my side profile I’m not nuts about, either.  I have an “extra” little bump right at the top back of my noggin that I think somewhat spoils an otherwise ordinary cranium.  And to draw attention to it, I have a light pink birthmark smack-dab on it that goes neon when I blush or eat chili peppers.  When I stand back-to the bathroom mirror, all I tend to see in the hand-held is this little extra knob with the pink flag. 

But I think, as I’ve said before, in the mirror our eyes go to the thing we like the least, and to us it stands out.  I’m over fretting about my profile by now – after 20 years of a close buzz and 6 weeks sly.  My theory is that when someone else looks at my bald dome, they see it as an entire unit, rather than a collection of individual bumps, hemispheres, ridges, and rivets.   

In fact, I think the thing that makes baldheads interesting to behold is the great variety of shapes and individual characteristics.  Every kettle is welded together differently, with a different effect -- and just like noses, ears, chins and brows, these different shapes combine to form the physical look that is uniquely you or me.  So, barring something as radical as SNL’s Coneheads of two decades ago, there’s plenty of room for variances from the perfectly spherical orb.  After all, only in the cartoons are heads perfect circles.  Another thought:  No one’s face is perfectly symmetrical.  Why would we expect that our heads would be – fore-and-aft or side to side? 

A baldhead:  It is what it is.  That is, totally honest, free from artifice or slight-of-hand.  And that is why each baldhead has a style of its own – granted, they are all hairless, but each shape is inherently different, unlike hairstyles that can be replicated.  Each smooth kettle is completely unique.  My look is my own.  And your look is your own.  Enjoy it!

MLNHD               
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

JohnMont

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
Not sure which is my best side; but I think maybe the left.   I'm currently growing my beard out; but thought'd be fun to post these clean pics.   So, goodbye Mr. Bond.

John

JohnMont

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Not sure which is my best side; but I think maybe the left.   I'm currently growing my beard out; but thought'd be fun to post these clean pics.   So, goodbye Mr. Bond.

opps; didn't get the other side in .   here it is .
John

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
Toss up John, both profiles rock.  Man that is one smooth and even dome ya got there O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 06:12:52 PM »
John, good to see the real you back here. Lookin' super slick and smooth.   8)

I don't see any difference on either side, and like MLNHD said, we usually make more out of it than anyone else. Sometimes the camera angles make things look different too; shadows and lighting difference.

I won't go the profile route with this schnoz, lol.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
John, glad to say goodbye to Mr. Connery.

I don't think you have a "better side" -- they're both lookin' great.  That is one smooooooth pate!  -- both sides!

MLNHD
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

jusbnme

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »
Man John, you have the perfect head shape for the "slyness."  I'll say it for you..."What the heck took you so long."   ;D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »
I dont think it is my head that has abetter side...cause im chillin all the way around...the ladies touch it all over...but my face.  Now it has its good adn bad sides.  I dunno why...but i think the left side of me looks better.

shakf

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 01:30:04 AM »
I think there is a certain perception of what a perfect cranium should look like. An example I think is the head shape that Telly Savalas has or Seal (the one who sang killer with adamski) They tend to be perfectly round at the top with little or no protrusion whatsoever. I have a slight protrusion but again it's relative. Someone with more protrusion than me might look at mine and think I wish mine was that shape and someone with a similar protrusion to me might look at someone with no protrusion at all and say that they wished that their protrusion was like that. What do you think?

Offline Glenr

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 02:34:25 AM »
Mate my head does the same thing and goes back further than some people.. But hey it must mean I have more brains, so you must too  ;D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »
Just because your head is bigger..doesnt mean you have a bigger brain  ::)  LOL...so does that come down to the big question...Does Size Really Matter! LOL.....
Oh hell watch out sly bro's.......the old Tim is back. 

shakf

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 10:39:58 AM »
Well, When I contemplated going SLY and before I came across this site I read an article in Mens Health magazine about shaving ones head, One of the things it said was that if you are doing it for aesthetics then you need to have a symmetrical head and not a lot of protrusion otherwise it will not look so good the more angular it is the less it looks good what do you think? Also speaking of profiles and good shapes then Ross Kemp comes to mind. For the guys in UK you all know who it is for those who don't it's the guy who played a character called Grant Mitchell in the popular British soap Eastenders.

JohnMont

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 10:49:03 AM »
Man John, you have the perfect head shape for the "slyness."  I'll say it for you..."What the heck took you so long."   ;D

I dunno ..... just glad to be there now; never goin' back !

John

JohnMont

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »
I think there is a certain perception of what a perfect cranium should look like. An example I think is the head shape that Telly Savalas has or Seal (the one who sang killer with adamski) They tend to be perfectly round at the top with little or no protrusion whatsoever. I have a slight protrusion but again it's relative. Someone with more protrusion than me might look at mine and think I wish mine was that shape and someone with a similar protrusion to me might look at someone with no protrusion at all and say that they wished that their protrusion was like that. What do you think?

I think you used the word "protrusion"  a couple times to many  !    ;)   Just kidding ...  I agree; we all tend to think our little imperfections are glarring ....  but it's kind of like  the initial sly experience itself ; we all think the world will stop turning for a day 'cause we shaved our heads;  but usually; the only one who thinks it's such a huge deal is we ourselves.

John

Enter your email address: