Author Topic: The gym and shaved heads  (Read 23397 times)

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: The gym and shaved heads
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
this is an old topic but I'mma reply anyway... :)
Bald looks hot for a girl with some muscles on:D
I've got a nice body here, and girls are kinda looking at me while I'm wearing a t-shirt and no hat (so they can see my beautiful shavedhead:D)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »

Well said KC and Johnny.

I do work out but need to do so on a more regular basis.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
Going to the gym and being sly go together.  Working out builds confidence.  The sly look goes well with a fit body.
Well said could not agree more

Offline 1GoZoom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
I work out in my college rec center and I am one of only 2 known bald guys who frequent it.  Its mostly occupied by 'bros' with $100 haircuts and more product than brains.  :P

Offline Morton

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
There are only 2 sly guys at my gym (I live in an apparently hairy country). The other guy is a runner though.

One thing I hate about this look and lifting is my face going red but the rest of me staying white. Might have to change the vest for a t-shirt.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »
There are only 2 sly guys at my gym (I live in an apparently hairy country). The other guy is a runner though.

One thing I hate about this look and lifting is my face going red but the rest of me staying white. Might have to change the vest for a t-shirt.

Dont worryabout it or what other folk are doing , and free weights , got my own veiws on that just look after yourself with em . Gymns have this tendency to be competetive , dress how you feel comfortable

Offline SalWalker

• Sly Jr.
  • Contentment is wealth; luxury is poverty
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »
Short, military-style cuts or sly domes are may be more common among athletic folk because it's a relatively low-maintenance hairstyle.  You don't have time to maintain your part or poof, or whatever when you're running a half-marathon or transitioning from the lake to your bike, or humping a ruck over the next hill. 

And you look bad-@ss.  So, you know, win-win.
"If you wish to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."  - Epictetus

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 02:50:03 AM »
oh so true!!!

Another gym rat here - It's interesting to read so many posts about so many guys worrying if women will find them attractive ( or not ) because of their sly look / baldness...

As I am 47, been married twice ( currently separated ), the thing I've learned, finally is :

Why should any guy care if a woman finds them attractive or not ?

Be careful what you wish for ; although I've been with some great women in my life, it's come down to the fact that all of the trouble, hassle, game-playing, control issues, etc., etc., just haven't ended up being worth the amazingly hard work and trouble of finding, and then KEEPING, a woman in your life.

Some people claim that "hard work" and "lots of effort" are a must for this sort of "happiness" ( i.e., finding the right woman, attracting the right woman, keeping the right woman ). I completely disagree. When it becomes work, when you have to jump through hoops like a dog in order to "get" a woman in your life - at this point in my life - I no longer need the bother or hassle.

Bottom line : Guys who are stressed about wanting to attract the "right" woman - just quit. Quit trying to be attractive for them. Be attractive for you. Who gives a s#$% if women are attracted to you or not ? I am CERTAINLY not - not anymore. If I have to have hair to be "attractive" or "youthful" looking, then count me out. I work out for me. I eat right, keep my weight and lifestyle healthy FOR ME. Period. I'm sick of women thinking they can run the show in this respect. You can keep the women. I'm fine being alone, and not compromising myself or who I am, or how I live my life.

Perhaps if enough men took this attitude, women's attitudes about what is "attractive", might change.

Either way - I don't care anymore. Being alone is just fine with me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to jump through any hoops for women. Enough is enough, and I enjoy the peace and tranquility without the emotional and financial "money pit" that most women end up becoming, whether the men want to admit that truth or not.

And that's my rant for the evening.

All the best to you, guys !

- John.  :)