Author Topic: difference between shaving without clipper guard and wet shaving your head???  (Read 3129 times)

Offline ninose17

• Learning the way of Sly
I use a Philips Norelco 5580/40 to shave my head with no clipper guard. Without the clipper guard hair is supposedly cut to a "0" length, but of course it's not the same as wet shaving your head, as you're clearly left with a bit of hair. If i were to wet shave my head, how many days would it take before I reach the "0 length" made by a clipper (without the guard). Just curious to hear from anyone who's tried both.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
About  2 days on the 3rd would be a 0 cut. Some blades cut at  00 and 000  these are even shorter.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:30:19 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Agreed, 2 or 3 days to be back to 0. The big difference is the feel. Many of us here get somewhat addicted to the smooth head, and shave daily. It's a very clean feeling, and easy to apply sunscreen or other products. Many of us also like the routine of wet shaving. Gives you some "me" time.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
Hair grows at different rates for some people, so it kind of depends on how fast or slow your hair grows. But as others have said, about 2 to 3 days i imagine. However, why would you want to after wet shaving?  Unless you like the sandpaper feel, and the look of a 0 buzz. I dont, i much prefer the fully sly, smooth look. And im totally addicted to how great a nice freshly wet shaved head feels to the touch! 
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Agreed, 2 or 3 days to be back to 0. The big difference is the feel. Many of us here get somewhat addicted to the smooth head, and shave daily. It's a very clean feeling, and easy to apply sunscreen or other products. Many of us also like the routine of wet shaving. Gives you some "me" time.

SOMEWHAT addicted?  That's putting it mildly.  Nothing beats the satisfaction of a smooth head after a fresh shave with a new, sharp razor blade. Then the light sting of Pinaud Clubman after shave and the smooth glide of Head Blade Glossy to top things off. Great shine.

Smell the aroma of Mike's shaves soaps in the lather. It's all a wonderful morning experience, and perhaps repeated later in the day if you really want to indulge. 

First day after a razor shave is the mild sandpaper feel.  2-3 days and it's a healthy stubble and you're ready for a new headshave. It's only when I'm incredibly sick or busy and out of my routine that the hair gets any longer.  Am I addicted?

Offline ninose17

• Learning the way of Sly
Thank you all very much for your feedback. I'm now shaving my head once every 3 or 4 days with a Gillette Mach Fusion razor. When I first tried shaving my head daily, I was getting too much razor burn and too many pimples on my neck area. Of course, that could be because I like to shave against the grain (after shaving with the grain) for a super smooth feel. Or perhaps I'm applying too much pressure. Not sure.