Author Topic: Trying out the bald and bearded look  (Read 13117 times)

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Trying out the bald and bearded look
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
Love the b & b look, keep it mate. O0

Offline TJ

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I am loving my new look and new beard.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
Hi guys, I am also trying out the bald and beard look. I started a couple of weeks ago with the beard and really love it. I have two questions for yall -

Will it stop itching?

What do you use to maintain the length? I don't want a full long beard, just a good dark beard.

Thanks guys!

Tim

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »
Good to hear, TJ. 

I have been growing mine out for about a month.  It still itches every now and then, but I don't mind it... it reminds me that it is there..lol. 

Right now, I have been very minimally scissor-trimming the strays that stick out longer than the others.  I am trying to grow it out thicker and longer than I have in the past.  When I was keeping it short, I usually would use a trimmer with a 1 or 2 guard to keep it even.  I was thinking I may try a higher number at some point and see what happens, but I don't want to trim it down  too far this time.   I find that using a trimmer on my beard hair on a higher number tends to pull the hair and it hurts a lot.  I probably need a new one. 

Post a pic, if you can.. we would all appreciate seeing it.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:05 AM »
Hi guys, I am also trying out the bald and beard look. I started a couple of weeks ago with the beard and really love it. I have two questions for yall -

Will it stop itching?

What do you use to maintain the length? I don't want a full long beard, just a good dark beard.

Thanks guys!

Tim

It's a great look mate, I'm glad to hear you like it.

Yes it will stop itching,mine stopped about the 1 month mark, I still get the occasional itch, but nothing like I got when it was starting out.

You can either use scissors and a comb to trim it or in your case, you'd probably like to invest in a good beard trimmer, I don't own one myself, as you can tell :P But people seem to praise the Wahl products alot, but there are plenty of other brands out there that are just as good.

Enjoy your new beard mate, they are great things!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 09:11:52 AM »
Will it stop itching?
Definately, but you can reduce the itching if you put a little hair conditioner on it in the shower and let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it out. 

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »
I like the beard-pic more than the one w/o. Definitely, facial hair!

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
I also like the beard and bald look.  8)

benlen

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »
Will it stop itching?
Definately, but you can reduce the itching if you put a little hair conditioner on it in the shower and let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it out. 

+1 to that! Get a good bottle of conditioner and when you first hit the shower, spread it in your beard, and do your normal routine. At the end of the shower, wash it out, and trust me, your face will feel so much better!