Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3870 times)

Offline buzz2none

• Learning the way of Sly
Introduction
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »
I just shaved my head for the first time about three weeks ago. It's something I have thought about doing since I was a teenager. I never had the nerve to do it because I was afraid of getting weird or negative reactions. Time finally made the decision easier. I was graying and receding so I decided to get a butch cut. When I got home I took it down to a #1. I figured I had come this far let's try a clipper shave with no guard. The shorter I went the more I liked it. Finally I just lathered up and shaved it slick. It's funny, I figured that my wife would freak out when she saw it, and though she was a little surprised, she remarked that it didn't look bad and I had a nice shaped head to pull off the look.
I have really embraced the bald look. I especially enjoy shaving it smooth. I should have taken the plunge a while ago. I decided to peruse this site for recommendations for insights from members on shaving products and how often others clean up their look. I also like a shiny look but haven't found any products that provide this. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
When I logged in and added an avatar I was surprised that I had joined this forum ten years ago. It took me that long to take this step. "Every man should shave his head once in his life" Glad I finally did!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »
Welcome , buzz2none . Your right the head shave sure does feel good , it can become addictive.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »
Hi buzz and welcome.

Nice intro. I was the same as you. I clippered and clipperd and clipperd some more till I finally shaved my dome slick. I recently kept going between a really short buzz and slick but now I think I'm sly for good. You just can't beat that smooth feeling. The freshness of it, and I love having a shine to it too. I used to use Head lube to shine it but I've found it doesn't seem to leave it as shiney now. Don't know if the formula has changed maybe.
I use a charcoal and witchhazel face wash after shaving and my head gets super shiney.

Get some pics up and let us all bask in your slydom

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
Welcome to the board.

If you spend much time outdoors, you will need sunscreen.  In addition to sun protection, most will also provide some shine.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »
Hi buzz, Glad you are enjoying your newly shaved head! It's great that your wife likes it, that makes sporting the bald head much more enjoyable. Looks good on you.

As time goes on, you will find many tricks for shaving and grooming th a t work best for you.

I have found a great little after shave lotion/conditioner that leaves a great shine too. It Mennen Afta lotion. I get it at Wal-Mart in the shaving section. Only $2. They also have pre- electric lotion too, so look for the blue label.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
Welcome!  Amazing that you've been on the board for 10 years.  Thanks for the introduction and enjoy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
Looks good especially photos in other post.  Another should have done it sooner comment.
Roger