Author Topic: Legally bald  (Read 5700 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Legally bald
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 07:26:52 AM »
I'm not opposed to outside the U.S. travel I've just never really had the opportunity/$$ to do it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
yeah I can understand that.

The UK is a very tiny country compared to the US, and I know I would literally go crazy if I couldnt travel outside of the UK at least 5 or 6 times a year. They're not always long breaks (if I'm feeling ok, I'm going to France tomorrow, just for the day, to do some food shopping), but I couldnt bear staying in one country the whole time.

But its probably different in America. Its such a large country with so many different regions and climates, etc.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
You really do feel like you're permanently locked into the look once you've had an official ID photo taken.

My passport, license and company ID all show me with hair.  Today, a new security guard in the lobby of my office building stopped me because I didn't look like my ID badge.  Once he looked at the picture and my face, he let me pass.  I called our security department and they suggested coming down to get a new picture so it doesn't happen again.  I guess if I start with a new ID badge, I'll feel compelled to stay with the look!

Enter your email address: