Author Topic: BEST Shaving CREAM for shaving your head  (Read 72454 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
BEST Shaving CREAM for shaving your head
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »
There are four things you can use to shave your head, shaving cream, shaving oil, shaving gel, and shaving soap.  In this thread I'm going to cover the best Shaving Cream, or really shaving creams, plural, for shaving your head.  If someone wants to write up threads on the other methods, feel free  O0

The following shaving creams are not the type you're going to find in an aeresol can.  These are all foam-free creams that work with your natural oils and razor to provide a more superior shave.  If you're still using stuff in a can, it's time to make a switch to one of the creams below.  If price is your worry, trust me that if you use these shaving creams correctly then you'll end up saving money and getting a better shave!

HeadBlade's HeadSlick

HeadSlick is a staple in the head shaving world and is one of the first shaving creams that was meant for both head and face shaving.  As the name indicates, it's formula provides a very slick shaving experience helping the razor glide along the head.  In regards to smell, it has a menthol smell to it which also provides a cooling feeling on your scalp after use.  This is a very popular shaving cream, especially among HeadBlade users.

Pacific Shaving Co

Pacific Shaving Company first made itself known on Sly Bald Guys with it's all natural shaving oil, but since then has released a very good, all natural shaving cream.  Their shaving cream is thick, but with pockets of air that make it so, so it provides a cushion like experience when shaving.  There's not much smell to it and I find it's what I recommend if people have sensitive skin.

Cremo Creme

Cremo Cream is newer to the shaving world but has made a huge splash.  Their thick lather provides a comfortable, slick shave.  If you're having problem with nicks and razor burn then this is a great shaving cream to use.  Cremo Cream is also scent free .

Jack Black Supreme Cream Triple Cushion™ Shave Lather

Jack Black Shave Lather provides a cushion like shave as the name suggests which is helpful for those that are prone to nicks and cuts.  While the shaving cream, or lather, does provide a great head shave, the cost is more than double those that were previously mentioned.  The other issue too is that it comes in a puck which makes it hard to just get a nickle size amount which is what is needed for most shaves.  Though, if you've been in a situation like me where you forgot your shaving cream, want a great shave and only have access to higher end stores, then Jack Black is a good pick.

Anthony Logistics Shave Cream

Anothony Logisitics Shave Cream is another shave cream that I'd put in the higher end category due to it's price.  Anthony Logisitcs was the shave cream that I used in the higher end line of shave creams and it didn't disappoint.  It provides a good balance between slick and cushion.  If I remember correctly, it has a very slight scent to it.  It's going to run a bit cheaper than a Jack Black, so if you are caught comparing, know that you'll also get a great shave using Anthony Logistics.

Well, that's my review of the 5 best shaving creams for shaving your head.  I've tried many more, but these are the 5 that stood out among the rest for their performance and in regards to the top three, price as well.

If you have any shaving CREAMS that you've used and really like, reply and tell us about them!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: BEST Shaving CREAM for shaving your head
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:20:38 PM »
Anyone else have a favorite shaving cream?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Beachtuna

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »
Neutrogena for Men shave cream with a few drops of Shave Secret. Applied with brush.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
Palmolive, Proraso, TOBS, Tabac, Arko, they all spring to mind right away....

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »

Where do you typically buy these shaving creams?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
I'm a big fan of the new Bee Bald Shave product (which is a cream).
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
I'm a big fan of the new Bee Bald Shave product (which is a cream).

I've been shaving with it the last week and think it fits in with the shaving creams I mentioned above.  Bee Bald has done a great job with their products.

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »
I own and use 14 hard soaps and 8 creams.  They are all better than the canned goo.  The best deal in my opinion are any of the VanDer Hagen soaps that are available at most US drugstores and supermarkets.  You will need a brush ( I do not suggest Van Der Hagen).  PM me with your location and I would be happy to suggest sources of good, economical brushes.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
I own and use 14 hard soaps and 8 creams.  They are all better than the canned goo.  The best deal in my opinion are any of the VanDer Hagen soaps that are available at most US drugstores and supermarkets.  You will need a brush ( I do not suggest Van Der Hagen).  PM me with your location and I would be happy to suggest sources of good, economical brushes.

Would you be willing to do a review on Shaving Soaps similar to this review on Shaving Creams?

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »

Where do you typically buy these shaving creams?

I shop online, so Italianbarber.com, Bestshave.net, connaughtshaving.com are among my favourites.  I think the Proraso is available in US stores though.

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »
I think the Proraso is available in US stores though.

The Italian Barber has Proraso;  he is based in Toronto Canada.  If you happen to be in Toronto there is a walk-in store on the Danforth that stocks some Proraso;http://www.menessentials.ca/

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
Sorry, I meant say Proraso is available under a different name in the USA, at, I think, Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
The different name escapes me now.... Stupid sleep deprived brain!  I'll edit this when I remember.

Oh, it's CO Bigelow I think!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
When I use shave cream. . . my favorite and in my opinion the best shaving cream for face or dome is Taylor of Old Bond Street aka TOBS.  I love the Sandalwood scent.  All the TOBS Shaving Creams provide... thick, yogurt-like lather, glide, and protection.  You can get some great deals on TOBS on Amazon.com.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »
Sorry, I meant say Proraso is available under a different name in the USA, at, I think, Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
The different name escapes me now.... Stupid sleep deprived brain!  I'll edit this when I remember.

Oh, it's CO Bigelow I think!

That's what I normally used for my face, but have never used it on the dome. I got it from Bath and Body Works. They often have 2 for 1 sales. Last time it ran out, there wasn't a sale on so I bought the Proraso brand and it does seem like the same product.

I really like it. In the states BBW stores they also sell smaller tubes that are good for travel. They don't seem to carry the small tubes here in Canada. Proraso is available in Atlantic Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart.

(I said "used" as currently I'm not shaving as I'm trying out the bald and bearded look.)

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »
I am a big fan of the Proraso myself. I love putting it on with the brush, nice gentle massage that stands the hair to attention, just in time to be whisked off!!  ;D

I have the HeadSlick too, I have used it a couple of times. I find it better than the gel stuff which I tend to use only when I am desperate, which I try to make sure isn't too often.  :D