Author Topic: Bald and Bearded.....  (Read 40008 times)

Offline imaginary

• Sly
Re: Bald and Bearded.....
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
As someone who is not a fan of longish beards (and ironically likes the length in his own,) I would have to say don't trim. The beard in your avatar picture looks great.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »
F77, your trim is not that bad and it grows again.
I always trim with the clipper combs so i don't get too much.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
.I think I went further than I wanted too.....that'll teach me to try trimming!

Lesson learned !

Think that's happened to many others on the forum, too.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
You look good regardless.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a trim now and again to prevent looking wild and woolie. it's gonna keep growing so no harm done.

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
The beard looks fine.  But if you are not happy with it, let it go for a week and you won't know it had been trimmed.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
Ah yes... Every time I've trimmed in the past I've always been unhappy with how much I've taken off haha. As everyone has said, the best part about beards is they grow back  O0

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
Ah yes... Every time I've trimmed in the past I've always been unhappy with how much I've taken off haha. As everyone has said, the best part about beards is they grow back  O0
Might I make a suggestion ?  If you want length sport a good scissor mate and only take off the ends of the beard that are split by weather and brushing and such.  If you are out riding a Harley , or in the weather get some leave in condtioner .  Keep it away from your facial skin it will get there in time any way.  Shampoo and condition.  I loved my beard when I had it but to old to grow another one.  ;) 8) O:O  Great Luck.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:29 AM »
I've tried the scissors, but they feel really clumsy, just not used to working with them in front of a mirror I guess, I still trim my mo' with them, so I'm getting a bit better at it. But the beard isn't getting trimmed for a while anyways haha

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »
Everyone has to start somewhere mate, for ages all I could pull off was sideburns and a dirty little mo' but after a while I was able to go all the way to a full beard.

Thanks a lot. That helps. I've been feeling... somewhat impatient that it hasn't developed that much... but I'm 19, I have time. When I haven't shaved my face in long enough there's a very thin vellus hair outline of a full beard, so I think it'll happen eventually... I'm just hoping I got my beard genes from my Mom's side of the family...

You know what? Nevermind. I'm already certain I did.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:12:14 AM by Bald Hobbit »

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »
This entire thread is really inspiring. Not to mention, I'm extremely jealous of what Beardman has goin on there lol. I've always kept a fairly short trimmed goat. It's been the same since I was 16 or so and I'm thinking this is the year to just let it grow and see what happens.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »
That's awesome bro, I'm glad we've been able to inspire you! If you do grow it out be sure to share your progress with us  O0

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »
Incidentally, Beardman, at what age was it that you had developed the "sideburns and a dirty little mo'?" You're mid-twenties, right?

Yeah, I'd just like to know that I could go full beard before 30. And yes, I know it's different for everyone.

By the way, happy new year, everyone.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
Yes mate, I'm 26.

The sideburns were the first things that grew in for me. I sort of started late at the whole facial hair game believe it or not and didn't get the sidies until probably 17-18.

The dirty little mo was probably coming in a bit later, but I wasn't really happy with my mo until I started growing out my beard alot, and I honestly think that's still my biggest fault with my beard, I'd love a rocking bushy mo'... butt beggars can't be choosers haha.

My first taste of the full beard was when I was about 20 or so... but I had (in my opinion a pretty poor attempt at a mo' haha). So I see no reason that if you were lucky enough to get the right genes you'd have a full beard before 30.

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:54 AM »
That's awesome bro, I'm glad we've been able to inspire you! If you do grow it out be sure to share your progress with us  O0

So after some talking into it, I've convinced the girlfriend that this is the year of the beard. I'll try to take plenty of pics to track the progress of course.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2013, 01:01:51 AM »
LET THE YEAR OF THE BEARD BEGIN!

Good luck man, Best part about growing it longer is that when you get to the point you think you've gone to far, then you can just cut back to a length you find more comfortable... be warned though long beards are addicting!

Enter your email address: