Author Topic: Bald athletes  (Read 68154 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Bald athletes
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 12:51:08 AM »
Flloyd Mayweather pulls off the sly look perfectly.

I'm assuming your talking about Jr.  Sr. needs to go Sly.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 02:50:51 AM »
There are so many, but I'd want to add one. Skip LaCour. He's also a motivational speaker, he teaches, you guessed it, confidence.

Offline ggman71

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
Brian Urlacher and Matt Holliday.

Offline Tyro

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 10:39:23 PM »
Matt Hasselbeck - , his father Don and his younger brothers Tim and Nathaniel

I heard a few sportscasters on ESPN talking about Matt's “shiny dome” a few nights ago, and since, I have noticed numerous respected sports journalists harping on, or even supporting, Matt Hasselbeck because he is bald. Even Hasselbeck himself is discussing it in the media, “Anybody losing your hair, you can root for us, too,” he said. “Anything to get the home-field advantage.”

It’s interesting that this is such an issue. It's not like he cannot do his job. Why is the media judging him because of his hair? Is he not marketable enough? Can’t he sell enough Wheaties boxes?

Take a read through some of these:Xo!
Washington Post - from Tony Kornheiser, also an ESPN analyst
“On the other team, there’s Matt Hasselbeck, like me, an innocent victim of male pattern baldness, a Rogaine casualty; maybe not the MVP, but the MPB of his team. How can I not root for him? He isn’t shaved like one windbag I know (hint, hint) who claims to be able to grow hair, but in reality is as bald as an egg. He isn’t waxed and plucked like some freaky bowling ball. He’s just lost everything on top, and still — like a real man — he lets the sides continue to flourish. (Plus, his brother has such a hot wife, which has to frost Matt, because he’s a much better quarterback.) Yeah, it’s nature over nurture for me. It’s the brotherhood of the bald.”

USA Today
“Quarterbacks aren’t bald. They aren’t supposed to sport receding hairlines. Maybe that’s why Hasselbeck won’t be the most highly touted quarterback in the Feb. 5 Super Bowl at Ford Field. Maybe that’s why Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, possessor of a manly brown beard, was bronzed Sunday when his team beat the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship Game, even though Hasselbeck’s play was equally dominant.”

USA Today
“I mean, follicle-challenged Matt Hasselbeck is a fine passer and field general, but poor dude looks more like a meat-cutter than he does cool Joe Willie. ‘You gotta pull for the beard, Hasselbeck has no hair!’ said Dan Fouts, who had the best set of whiskers ever among NFL signal-callers, on Tuesday.”

Outsports
“In contrast, Seattle’s two biggest stars sport no hair on their heads, whether by nature or choice. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is only 30, but is severely folically challenged, so much so that a Seattle newspaper asked readers to send in doctored photos showing Hasselbeck with hair. If the Seahawks win, can a Rogaine endorsement be far behind? Running back Shaun Alexander is totally bald, but it appears more like he’s opted for the shaved-head look by choice.”

ESPN’s Page 2, The Sports Guy
Why NOT Hasselbeck? Bald is only tough-looking if you’re Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley.”

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot

Offline lifehappens23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 01:05:01 AM »
Well the 23 in my name stands for my long favorite Jordan.  Someones said Silva already, I may hate Mayweather but he pulls it off...I'm sorry but anyone who fights for a living can pull it off.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
Mark King. He's one of the top snooker players of the world.

Sorry for posting 3 pictures, but I can't decide which one I like best  :).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:05:16 AM by SlyOne »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Sans Pelo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
Tim Howard was representing the sly in a great game today!

bpomalley

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »
I'm a huge sports fan... All Colorado sports mainly.. Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and Avalanche.  Anyway, the Rockies have lots of bald players, especially when they still had Matt Holliday... I think they have more sly players than most sports teams... Clint Barmes, Chris Iannetta, Miguel Olivo, Aaron Cook all either rock the short buzz or sly.... I think there are a couple more too...

Barmy has to be my favorite though.. he always has the clean shave and is supposedly one of the nicest pro athletes out there.. not too mention we also kind of look similar..

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »
Georges "I wus naawt empress wit chor perfomens" St. Pierre  -- UFC Welterweight Champ

Offline BigRon

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »
Kelly slater, pro surfer.  Great looking guy, great tan, gets tons of girls

Frederick Ljunberg, professional soccer player and model

These are the best of the best fellas.  The cream of the crop.  i hope I look 1/10 this good when I shave it all off so I can keep pullin the ladiez =)

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »
Pep Guardiola the coach of Barcelona.

I think he shaves it maybe once a month, as he seems to let it grow in but he really looks great when he does it sly. Right now he´s Sly (well he was last week)

This
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bxEI8vC5K8w/SwpO28oYXdI/AAAAAAAAAO4/90g3pAAmNBE/s1600/Pep+Guardiola.jpg

Or This
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/510x0269806.jpg/
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/international/spanien/1001/Bilder/pep-guardiola-vertrag-514.jpg

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:41 PM »
Zinedine Zidane

Frank Leboeuf

Wayne Rooney

Roberto Carlos

Offline Mad Max

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »
- Brad Richards

- Mats Sundin

- Mark Messier

- Matt Holliday

- Jason Williams

- Pat Burke

- Jason Kidd

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 06:55:28 AM »
Bas 'el guapo' Rutten

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 08:08:57 AM »
What does this tell you ??- - - -"BALD IS IN"

I think most of them are bald or getting close

AND as the old saying goes: - -"Mother nature only created so many perfect heads  - the rest she covered with hair"

Enter your email address: