Author Topic: Waxing your head instead of shaving  (Read 45988 times)

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
Waxing your head instead of shaving
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
Has anyone ever done this? If so how long does it take for the hair to grow back?

Only reason I ask is because Im tired of shaving. It has become a hassle. Waxing would get rid of the shadow(and self consciousness) and allow me some time without having to deal with the hassle. It would also probably be cheaper over time by not having to buy razors or shaving cream as much(would still shave my face).

I only shave now maybe once every 3-4 days. The day I shave it feels good and I dont mind not wearing a hat. The next day you can kinda feel a little stubble but not too much. Any day after that it becomes obvious how bad my hairloss is and this is when I HAVE to wear a hat. I dont think I have ever let anyone see my head like that. The obvious answer would be to just shave everyday or every 2 days, but its really irritating if I dont let it grow for at least 2-3 days first unless I use a new razor. But I dont have the money to use new razors every 2-3 shaves. Plus, even after shaving there is still the shadow issue.

So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. TIA.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Re: Waxing your head instead of shaving
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again- DONT DO IT!!! I tried before and it was not worth it. It didn't work well and I think I lost more hair than blood. A week or so after waxing my scalp I had hair falling out in random patches. Since I have dark hair it was noticeable and it looked like I had alopecia. My whole scalp was red and swollen for close to a week. I waxed it at the beginning of October and still had patches missing in February.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
I just saw Steve Correll in "The 40 Year Old Virgin" getting his chest waxed. OUCH! :'(
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again- DONT DO IT!!! I tried before and it was not worth it. It didn't work well and I think I lost more hair than blood. A week or so after waxing my scalp I had hair falling out in random patches. Since I have dark hair it was noticeable and it looked like I had alopecia. My whole scalp was red and swollen for close to a week. I waxed it at the beginning of October and still had patches missing in February.

Im not worried about hair falling out. If Im not completely shaven then I lose pretty much all of my attractiveness the way my balding pattern is.

How long did it take your hair to grow back initially?

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
It looked pretty bad with my dark hair because even when it was smooth you could still see the patches missing. After the hair fell out by mid October in the patches it started to come back at the end of January. If you do it be ready for the blood loss as well. It was seeping out of the pores pretty bad, plus the swollen zit looking head for the week after doing it was not fun at all. I wore a hat to cover it up but it was still painful having the loose hat touching my head. Then the first week after doing it when it started to fall out was just annoying because my scalp was so itchy with the hairs falling out and the scabs.

If only it was as simple and easy as people make it sound. Your hair needs to be atleast 1/4" long for the wax to stick. If I didnt have the blood loss and if it had worked like they said it would I tell you to go ahead and do it but with my experience I give you my honest advice which is don't do it even under the heavy influence of alcohol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
Does this look like fun to you?

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/4vU_ZaJUFME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/4vU_ZaJUFME</a>

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
That looked like great fun...That convinced me to get waxed. I'm going out for a wax job first thing in the morning.

:/O

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »
It looked pretty bad with my dark hair because even when it was smooth you could still see the patches missing. After the hair fell out by mid October in the patches it started to come back at the end of January. If you do it be ready for the blood loss as well. It was seeping out of the pores pretty bad, plus the swollen zit looking head for the week after doing it was not fun at all. I wore a hat to cover it up but it was still painful having the loose hat touching my head. Then the first week after doing it when it started to fall out was just annoying because my scalp was so itchy with the hairs falling out and the scabs.

If only it was as simple and easy as people make it sound. Your hair needs to be atleast 1/4" long for the wax to stick. If I didnt have the blood loss and if it had worked like they said it would I tell you to go ahead and do it but with my experience I give you my honest advice which is don't do it even under the heavy influence of alcohol

Damn. Yea I dont think Id like to have obvious patches missing. I figured waxing would take away all the hair instead of just patches.

Have you ever considered/tried bleaching your hair? Would that take away the shadow look?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
That looked like great fun...That convinced me to get waxed. I'm going out for a wax job first thing in the morning.

:/O

Go for it.

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
U can consider laser hair removal.

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
WAY to expensive for me. Plus I dont want to risk getting cancer in the future.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 01:14:56 AM »
Thanks...I think I'll pass...Think I would rather wear the horseshoe and look 20 years older than to go through that just to avoid a minor inconvenience of shaving
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:20 AM »
It must be tough....
I mean, you need some balls to do it.
I never thought of doing it
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Disbikerdude

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
Speaking of that, I know a guy who gets a Brazilian wax job  :/O  He claims he does it for his wife  :@` Oh, she must do something special for him.  I can't imagine waxing "the boys" :XX :/O

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:30 AM »
I have thought of doing it but figured it would hurt way too much. Also in order to wax you need to let the hair grow out. that means you will have to go 2 or so weeks with growth.
Bald is the new black!