Author Topic: Follow Forum Protocol & Rules  (Read 28659 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Follow Forum Protocol & Rules
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:57 AM »
In recent weeks there have been several outbursts in the General Forum that are unacceptable. Since this happened I am going to gently remind EVERYONE that you MUST follow the rules or you may be banned. The Forum Rules can be found easliy enough but if you can't find them, PM a Mod and we'll point you to them.

Remember Gentleman... This Forum is NOT any single individuals' Forum. This means that stating your political leanings, religious beliefs, or just poking at other personal aspects of other members will NOT be tolerated.

The Mods here try to allow the edges of the rules to be straddled as long as everyone involved remains CIVIL. Civility has taken a back seat lately and the Mods are tired of it.

We rarely ban members because we realize that sometimes guys have a bad day, or maybe someone stepped over the boundaries unintentionally. Please don't mistake our patience for a weakness when it comes to banning someone. If you break the rules, have received one or more PMs from one or more Mods, and then continue with whatever you were doing.... you will probably get banned.

If other members are complaining about you, especially long time members that have never been a problem, you will probably get banned.

So clean up your act if:

1) You've threatened or harassed someone either in the open Forum or by PM.
2) You've blatantly used cursing or abusive language in the open Forum or a PM to another member.
3) You have a political statement of any type in your signature or under your avatar.
4) You've been asked by any Mod in a PM(s) to stop something.

If a member is banned you can be assured that it was only after multiple warnings by PM or for just plain blatantly disregarding Forum rules. We do NOT take banning lightly and there is ALWAYS discussion among Mods before a member is banned. Being belligerent, with any Mod in a PM if they contact you about something, will NOT ingratiate you to that Mod or any of the others.

I will be looking at Signatures and comments under avatars more closely and if there is something inappropriate I will contact you by PM to ask you to remove it. Once removed, please do not replace it with something different but similar... that won't fly here.

I had somewhere around 20 PMs yesterday with concerns about these types of things. That alone means it was time for me to post this. Clean it up Gentlemen.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Follow Forum Protocol & Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »

Remember Gentleman... This Forum is NOT any single individuals' Forum. This means that stating your political leanings, religious beliefs, or just poking at other personal aspects of other members will NOT be tolerated.

We rarely ban members because we realize that sometimes guys have a bad day, or maybe someone stepped over the boundaries unintentionally. Please don't mistake our patience for a weakness when it comes to banning someone. If you break the rules, have received one or more PMs from one or more Mods, and then continue with whatever you were doing.... you will probably get banned.

If other members are complaining about you, especially long time members that have never been a problem, you will probably get banned.

The entirety of Koz's message hits the nail on the (bald) head. However, the points I've copied above really stick out to me. Tyler has created a forum that welcomes all people. For the most part, everyone gets along. However, since we're drawing from all walks of life, there are bound to be members that are going to rub people the wrong way (which adults should understand). However, blatant disregard of the rules is a sign of disrespect.

Please treat your fellow SBG members as you'd like to be treated.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:54:57 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »
I cannot add to the words of wisdom from Mike &.Schro.   O0 O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »
The SBG mods rock. That is all.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
Appreciate the work you guys do.  I'm Ivory Soap certain I couldn't put up with it without pulling out my hair! :D

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Great bunch of mods here.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
Well said Mike. We are all adults here and need to treat each other as such.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »
I can't believe this is even having to be said, we are all a great bunch of guys, hopefully bans don't have to be issued and everyone can get along!

On the topic of certain signatures and avatar messages, I've not noticed anything along the lines of what you are taking about, I must admit though, they are not the things I am reading when I look at forum posts...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 03:07:13 AM »
Appreciate the work you guys do.  I'm Ivory Soap certain I couldn't put up with it without pulling out my hair! :D
It looks like most of the guys on this forum have already pulled their hair out, and they are not moderators!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
Thanks for the reminders and for your efforts at keeping the boards in line!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
Good job guys, I love this site, and the forum must be the politest and most inclusive I've come across! Anything I can do to help I am always happy to!

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
I can't believe this is even having to be said...
+1
Mike

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
+1

Me either.... and I posted it. BUT.... if you saw the number of PMs that I've received complaining about the same couple of members you wouldn't believe it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 12:28:18 AM »
+1

Me either.... and I posted it. BUT.... if you saw the number of PMs that I've received complaining about the same couple of members you wouldn't believe it.

I'm sure I wouldn't either. hopefully everyone cools their jets and we get back to being sly and awesome again  O0

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »