Author Topic: is there any better solution than shaving my head? (Alopecia)  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Lay

• Learning the way of Sly
is there any better solution than shaving my head? (Alopecia)
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
I have this alopecia on me & its been there for a very very long time & no solution seemed to work! so recently i started to shave my head bald but yet it still look uneven.
Any better solution to shave to make it look even? cause i like going out without a hat  :'( , does wax help ?? or is there any way to cover up the patchy look ? (i have a dark hair & white skin & almost 60% of my hair is lost due to alopecia)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:36:55 AM by Lay »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: is there any better solution than shaving my head? (Alopecia)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:58:05 AM »
You might be a good candidate for Lazer treatments. Some on this forum have used them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:11:48 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
Shaving isn't going to eliminate the shadow but it is still a better option than not shaving.

How long have you had this problem and what does your doctor say?  Do you expect the hair to grow back at some point or is it gone permanently?  If it is unlikely to grow back, I would definitely look into the laser treatments.  Your insurance may even cover the cost since it's due to a underlying medical condition.

Offline Lay

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:07:44 PM »
Shaving isn't going to eliminate the shadow but it is still a better option than not shaving.

How long have you had this problem and what does your doctor say?  Do you expect the hair to grow back at some point or is it gone permanently?  If it is unlikely to grow back, I would definitely look into the laser treatments.  Your insurance may even cover the cost since it's due to a underlying medical condition.

I've had this problem 10 years from now & the doctors don't know what causes it yet ! & yes it grows & falls over the years but it falls faster than it grows specially when i stopped doing the injections (I've done them for 2 years) so i don't want to go for laser treatment yet.
I don't mind shaving bald, all i want is the shadows gone & have an even bald look.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
As Razor said there is know way to get rid of the shadow , unless your hair turn white or gray.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Lay

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
As Razor said there is know way to get rid of the shadow , unless your hair turn white or gray.

oh god i'm only in my early 20's !! i can wait for another 30 years yeah why not  :-[  :-[

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 02:49:06 PM »
Welcome, Lay! Are the patches all over your head, or in just one or two particular areas?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lay

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »
Welcome, Lay! Are the patches all over your head, or in just one or two particular areas?

Hey Mr SirHarry214
they are all over my head, circular but different sizes

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
If I were in your situation, I would much rather be permanently bald than go through all those injections and the constant shedding and regrowing of hair.  I'm guessing this is something that can't be cured -- and I'll further speculate that at some point the hair is going to stop growing back. 

I'd probably opt for the laser treatments but unlike most people, being bald has never bothered me.  Think long and hard about it because once you travel down that road it cannot be undone. 

Offline Lay

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »
If I were in your situation, I would much rather be permanently bald than go through all those injections and the constant shedding and regrowing of hair.  I'm guessing this is something that can't be cured -- and I'll further speculate that at some point the hair is going to stop growing back. 

I'd probably opt for the laser treatments but unlike most people, being bald has never bothered me.  Think long and hard about it because once you travel down that road it cannot be undone.

i know ! that's why i'm keeping the laser treatment as the last option, i will do it if i have no other option left ! thank you mr Razor X.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 05:07:54 PM »
I'm doing laser myself too, I'm 31 and was fed up with the significant shadow from significant MPD, and like you I dark hair and fairly pale skin.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Lay

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »
I'm doing laser myself too, I'm 31 and was fed up with the significant shadow from significant MPD, and like you I dark hair and fairly pale skin.

hope it goes really well with you ! show me the results when you are done, good luck :)

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 12:17:55 PM »
Another Laser Client here.  I'm 35.  I decided to go with laser for a few reasons.  First was my constant battle with folliculitis.  Second was the time it takes me to shave.  My hair is so thick it takes me an hour to shave my head.  The other bonus is that like you, I'm light skinned with black hair, so eventually, no more shadow...

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
I thought of a couple ideas. Get some tan on your head, either natural or tanning lotion. Also, I know alot of bald guys on tv use a concealer type of makeup. You could use the makeup when going out without a hat.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 10:51:09 PM »
Another option I used is micro tattooing. Check out HIS HAIR. They did my whole head so it looks like an even shadow when I shave.  I had hair transplant scars to conceal . Looks great and no one can tell.