Author Topic: New hair removal cream  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
New hair removal cream
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
O.K. guys - laugh if you will - but I am sharing this with you just in case you ever wondered.

There is a "newish" hair removal cream on the market that is specifically formulated for men's hair removal in very sensitive areas.  It is called "Bare Balls".  With a name like that - I just had to try it.  It works.  It works very well, and you have no worries about razor nicks, etc.  The skin was a tad bit sensitive immediately afterward but they sell the product along with an after cream called "Calm Balm".

Now I figure that if this stuff is safe to use on my junk, it ought to be safe to use on my scalp; right?  So, of course, being a "guy", and even though the label says not for use on face or head, I figure I just have to try it out on my two day head stubble.  I tried just a test area.  I left it on for just 10 minutes and then rubbed it off in the shower with the glove that they give you for that purpose.

Wow - did this stuff work!!!!!!!!! I have never felt my scalp this smooth!  The test area is a bit sensitive- but it is not red.  I don't know, however, if I would have the courage to try the entire head.  I think that a lot will depend upon whether or not the test area is still sensitive when I shave my head tomorrow morning.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: New hair removal cream
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:09:08 AM »
Interesting, but there must be a reason they say not to use on your head.  Wonder why that is ??
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
This cracked me up. But seriously, thats legit, im sure theres guys who have wondered the best way to keep the shrubs from growing on the southern plains.

Im surprised that it hasnt affected your head substantially yet.. Granted, if its safe for your gems it must be sensitive skin- safe, but if they say dont use it on your head they must have a reason... Odd. Do keep us posted on how your Cue Ball handles Bare Balls  8 :*))

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »
Maybe this is why they say not to use it on the head.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Possibly. Seen that video. nair is strong stuff though and hurts a lot of people's skin.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
The warnings about head and face have to do with the risk of getting it in your eyes.  There is a hair removal cream marketed to black guys for scalp/beard hair called Magic Shave.  I have tried it, it works, but not as close as a razor.  I can also shave with a razor in less time than it take for these products to work.

These creams all use the same basic chemicals to dissolve hair, with other additives to reduce skin irritation.  IF you have irritation with one, you are likely to have irritation to all of them.  They all recommend a skin test first to check for sensitivity.  BTW - drain cleaners use the same chemicals since most drain clogs contain hair.
SlyBeard

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »
The warnings about head and face have to do with the risk of getting it in your eyes.  There is a hair removal cream marketed to black guys for scalp/beard hair called Magic Shave.  I have tried it, it works, but not as close as a razor.  I can also shave with a razor in less time than it take for these products to work.

These creams all use the same basic chemicals to dissolve hair, with other additives to reduce skin irritation.  IF you have irritation with one, you are likely to have irritation to all of them.  They all recommend a skin test first to check for sensitivity.  BTW - drain cleaners use the same chemicals since most drain clogs contain hair.

Almost mentioned magic shave but it is VERY specifically for African American or otherwise dark skin people, because of the pigment and makeup of white skin, we respond poorly and it causes irritation and problems almost every time. Its really not an option for whities.

And true, its faster to just shave than wait for chemicals to dissolve your hair.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:37:30 PM »
Some friends that guy had. People have to put their brain in gear , big laugh but not for this guy.  :x!
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Do you have any further experience with the hair removal cream?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »
Thereis one hair removal made  specifically for sensitive areas. It is called "Bare Pair" and it is sold along with a soothing cream called "Bare Balls Calm Balm".

It is much less harsh than products like Nair.  Even so, they tell you not to use it above the neck.  I use it regulary - "down there" and on my back.  Even so, I did a spot test on my scalp and I thought that it burned too much on the scalp!  I can't use it on my head.