Author Topic: Ponytail Vs. Bald  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Switch

• Sly Guy in Training
Ponytail Vs. Bald
« on: October 16, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
Up until Febuary of this year i was sporting a long ponytail that would always get the way of my activities. Then, on my birthday, i shaved it all off. I'll tell you, waterskiing, wakeboarding, swimming, wrestling, and training for MMA all of the sudden fell very different. I also noticed that being bald is like being in a secret society. Headblade sponsors, making new bald friends, and eventually becoming a member of SlyBaldGuys have all been unexpected advantages of "going against the grain." This whole experience has been like a roller coaster ride. One that i never want to get off.

~Switch

-Switch "The Prodigy" Noblitt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Ponytail Vs. Bald
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »
Switch - thanks for the story and welcome to Sly Bald Guys! 

I have to say, the first time I wakeboarded with a shaved head was a blast!  Nothing like popping out of the water and feeling the water just blow right off your dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Ponytail Vs. Bald
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »
One downfall I found while doing MMA is that flipping mat will scuff you head up if you are not careful or the other guy feels like being a penis.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995