Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 251060 times)

Offline Bald_dudeBR

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #525 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:35 AM »
I love it.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #526 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »
Considering my other option I will say yes, I like being bald.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #527 on: July 22, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »
Considering my other option I will say yes, I like being bald.

Such a great change and very much for the better, 4fit.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #528 on: July 22, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »
4fit, I'm sure it was somewhat of a gradual change from the old photo, but you must get a big smile every time you look in a mirror now! Excellent bald head and a great beard. Love the color of your beard, wish mine was like that.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #529 on: July 22, 2016, 08:36:54 PM »
Thank you Sly Mike and reddog. If your tall you want to be shorter. Got curly hair you want straight and yes everytime I see reddog I long to have that gorgeous solid white beard. Seems we always want what someone else has.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #530 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:10 AM »
Yes I enjoy being bald, I accept and embrace what nature has dealt me. Sure if I had a full head of hair I very much doubt I would have shaved it
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Nude Nut

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
Have been sly on and off for 15 years. For the past 2 years I have rarely missed a day when I shave my head. The odd time it may grow out a few days  and my hairline is back to my ears ... reminds me why I love being bald. It's a good look. I'm happy being bald and I will stay this way.  ^-^
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:45:38 AM by Nude Nut »

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »
Been slowly thinning for few years. Turned 30 this year so thought it was time to call it quits. 2 weeks in now and will 100% not be going back - absolutly love it.

Feel much better about myself that im in control not at the mercy of a ticking hair time bomb
Forever new frontiers

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »
I love it. Like most, I was a little apprehensive at first, but when I saw the bald dude staring back at me in the mirror for the first time, that apprehension was gone.I like having a smooth head, don't miss hair at all. Another plus is being your own barber lol,

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #534 on: September 15, 2016, 11:05:17 AM »
I'm really enjoying it.  Besides my two daughters tell me I look like a Marine.  Good to pull that out of the bag when I need to.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #535 on: November 02, 2016, 12:47:04 PM »
Or did you just learn to like it, because you had MPB/ thinning hair?  If I could have a full head of hair, I wouldn't shave my head.  I also don't like it when people stare at me (especially little kids)... it makes me feel uncomfortable and I wonder if they are thinking bad stuff about me.  How do you feel about shaving your head?  Perhaps if I was older, it wouldn't be such a big deal... but I'm 22 and it seems like I'm one of the very few with no hair.

Im a tad younger than you, and i have plenty of hair to uphold a full hair style, but i know that its thinning and i chose to face the future now rather than later. Last Saturday i buzzed it down with a 0 guard and took my electric shaver to it. At first i felt like mr clean with a beard, (minus the earring and creepy factor) but after a couple days it really grew on me. (literally, it started growing back...) and i realized i kind of wanted to keep it skin tight. Im not even a week into this new style but i must say, i feel more hardcore than the superficial hair do attempts i used to have to keep in order to hide my thinning hair. Plus, im pretty sure bald dudes are universally seen as masculine, tough, intelligent, bold, etc. Theres really no negative connotation to being bald as far as i know, unless someone hates on monks. Regardless, its a respectable clean style and works for almost anybody.

Im glad i chose to face it now and am actually liking it, rather than being force to accept it later in my years when the thinning gets worse.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #536 on: November 02, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »
I love being bald!  My only wish is that I would have shaved sooner when my hair first started thinning instead of waiting so long.  I love everything about being bald!!!

Offline das1775

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #537 on: January 21, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »
Absolutely. I love it. I was thinning for 20 years. Toward the last few years, I did sometimes find my thinning irritating. Thankfully, I am too well rounded, adjusted, and confident to care much about it. I shaved it in June of 2016 and I fell in love with EVERYTHING about it. I don't think I could ever go back. My bald head is THE outward expression of who I am. It well captures who I am. I have always been 100% male and being bald is simply my rightful and appropriate fate. I don't spend time with questions like you've posed, but I do respect it and care. You see, I've risen above it all. The topic of hair is rather silly to me. It's but a distraction. And now that it is gone, people get a more aggregate version of me. Baldness is, perhaps, a form of reductionism. I am so thankful for being bald. It's changed quite a bit for me. I see the world better because of it. My life has become better because of it. I feel concern and pain for the people that struggle with this material matter.

Offline goode_bald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #538 on: February 21, 2017, 09:03:14 PM »
I really love being bald
I look better with no hair on my dome haha

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #539 on: February 22, 2017, 03:11:49 AM »
Yeah I like it, but if I was able to grow a full head of hair I doubt I would have ever shaved it. So I'm accepting the way things have panned out
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!