Author Topic: Cremo preshave  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
Cremo preshave
« on: June 11, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
I have read a lot about guys using some sort of pre shave cream or oil....most of the time it seems as though they all say that it is more about being part of the shave process and that they don't really think it adds to the closeness of the shave. I thought about using some sort of oil and have used a pre shave cream that is for electric shaving when I was still shaving with my Bald Eagle but even I didn't think it really made much of a difference but was just a part of the whole shave experience. Having said that I was not about to go out and buy something else that was not going to add any real value to my shave....I had already purchased a tube of Cremo and used it as my shave cream for both electric wet shaves and DE shaves to some mixed results. I thought I would try it as a pre shave cream this morning to see if it helped out in any way. I took a shower and then applied a very small amount to my head...I rubbed it in to the stubble as much as I could and then loaded up my brush with some Proraso and head lathered up. I don't know if it was the Cremo or just getting better technique or both but I did get the best head shave I have ever had this morning! Three things have really had drastic effect on the quality of my shaves, my switching to Proraso, my switching to Personna blades and my Merkur razor. So it might just be that I am getting better at shaving my head but I think that I will keep using the Cremo as a pre shave since the quality of my shave is really better and it does add to the whole shave experience too and I do really enjoy shaving my head and wet shaving is all about enjoying the process . :)

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
Re: Cremo preshave
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:17:08 AM »
After a couple of shaves trying out a few different combinations of soap and cream mixtures I went back to using Cremo as a preshave and had really great results. I showered and the re-wet my head and then rubbed Cremo into my stubble and let it sit for a few minute as I got my brush set up with some Proraso and filed the sink with hot water. I then head lathered and shaved . Two things I noticed, 1) my shave took less time , including clean up passes and, 2) I got a really close great shave ....BBS! I also used the same process for my face after I shaved my head...full face shave, and it came out great....shaves are getting better every day!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:29 AM »
Glad thaf the Cremo is working for you, sir! My personal favorite is Shave Secret mixed in with HeadSlick. I too shave with a safety razor though I use foil shavers when I'm in a hurry.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
I stopped using the Cremo as a pre shave since Father's day, I received some new creams as gifts and have been using them without the Cremo. This morning I used the Cremo again and I have to say I can really tell the difference. I applied it right after I got out of the shower and then head lathered from my shave soap puck, and BBS. I have been getting good to really good shaves recently but when I rub my head and feel this smooth I know that my pre shave must be working.

Offline Tokidoryu

• maxbet
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:28:04 AM »
Finding information Proposed or taken to work well, it is a wonderful idea, really.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 05:44:28 AM »
I've had similar results but cremo usually gives my a minor allergic reaction so I can't really use it.  I do like having several different options for my shave experience though.  I am a professional brewer so my job does not require me to "look nice" for work and I do typically 12+ hr shifts of manual labor, with that being said I shave after work.  Some days it's a quick 1-2 pass with de and soap/cream.  If I'm in a rush atx + barbasol is totally acceptable, if I'm going out on a weekend night then I'll take 45 mins to give my self a pampered über lather shave (la toja on skin, vdh loaded on brush, shave secret drops on brush, proraso on brush.  Enough lather to shave an ape!)

Yes that last part is totally over kill, and rarely do I use that much product as once, but try it sometime
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air