Author Topic: For the winter  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Shangrila

• Learning the way of Sly
For the winter
« on: November 27, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
Hi everyone,
given to the approach of winter which isn't too merciful here in France, I am starting second thoughts about shaving my head. I shaved my head for the first time with a hair clipper, on my own, about 3 weeks ago and now I've started to having hair around my bald crown. I know that shaving is indispensable to avoid the declination of my cephalic aesthetics but since I have had bouts of hypothermia couple of years ago I am hesitating to go with it. Any suggestions ?

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: For the winter
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
Get a hat. ;)

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »
It's much colder here in Canberra, Australia in winter than France and I find I usually manage without a hat and on really cold frosty mornings wear a woollen beanie. 

I love the phrase 'declination of my cephalic aesthetics'.  I'll have to use that in conversation.
Roger

Offline Yannis

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
I will agree with Theslybear....take a hat. Go into a shop, and choose one. At the start maybe you will feel strange(if never wear before), but after little days you will feel comfort and warm. :)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:15:54 AM »
That is another one of the great things about having a buzzed or bald head - you can finally wear a hat in winter without having to worry about "messing up" your hair or having "hat head"!

I used to suffer from the cold winters here in Chicago because I didn't want to put on a hat and mess up my hair.  Now when I go outdoors I can pull on a nice warm knit hat - and when I pull it off indoors my "style" looks "fresh"!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 03:17:44 AM »
I good newsboy cap should do the trick.  If you need your ears covered, a wool beanie will keep your head warm.  Winter shouldn't be an excuse to not shave your head.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 06:25:18 AM »
When it is really cold outside like now, I wear a good old fashioned and warm wool stocking hat. They really keep your head and ears warm. I usually prefer not to wear a hat unless it is really cold outside.

Offline mike609

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 08:03:30 AM »
A hat is certainly the way to go. A knit wool stocking cap is fine as is polar fleece. They wash easy and fit in a coat pocket. Most of my coats. Have a cap. In addition a nice felt hat adds a sense of style to and wardrobe.  Since your in France you might consider a French alpine hat.  A trilby or short brimmed fedora will do also.