Author Topic: what I've learned from "mixing it up!"  (Read 1776 times)

Offline drclean1969

• Sly Guy in Training
  • GSG
what I've learned from "mixing it up!"
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:51:02 AM »
So last week I was at the gym, and realized I had forgotten my shaving gear. So I decided to try the complimentary razors & shaving gel that the gym locker room had. Big mistake! I nicked the hell out of my noggin and couldn't put a blade on my head for a week. Since I can't stand to have anything on my dome, I had to shave with an electric - a Wahl groomsman, which has a decent foil shaver. But it was still a pin in the butt - it took too long, I had to do all this stretching and pulling on my skin when I shaved, and I still couldn't get smooth enough. Yesterday I was able to use my usual Headblade Triple (touch up around the ears with a Schick extreme), and boy did it feel good!

So, what I learned - stick with what works for you! duh.

So every day I exfoliate my scalp in the shower with a good scrub - Headblade has a good one, and Menscience has one too. Then I shave with and against the grain, splash with COLD water, and put Headlube on for extra shine. And every day I face the world with a slick, shiny dome! And that's me - no substitutions and no stubble will do! I enjoy my bald compulsion.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
Re: what I've learned from "mixing it up!"
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
Hey, drclean, at least you admitted you learned something...lol....bet you won't do that again  O0

buuckkweet

Re: what I've learned from "mixing it up!"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »
drclean1969, 

Sorry you had to learn a hard lesson.  Sometimes "complimentary" items do us no favors.  Glad to hear you kept your noggin smooth with an electric. 8) 

Sometimes I'll grab my trusty Braun Synchro, and "mow the melon" when I'm in a hurry.  It still gives a pretty good shave...not like my HeadBlade though. O0   

Enter your email address: