Author Topic: Just a few words of encouragement...  (Read 31739 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Just a few words of encouragement...
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
OK, I have thought about something to post here for those who are questioning if they should shave their noggins or not.  I know this will probably take alot of you by surprise, thinking ...This came from Timmay??  Well folks, Im here to tell you, yes it did.  I did not just sit down and write this, I have been working on how and what to say for a while.

There are many who fear loosing their hair, afraid of what the world will think of them if they shave it off.  Im here to tell you that no matter what the world says, the only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself and what makes you happy.  What follows here not only applies to ourselves but can be useful to those around us.

The number one thing is to ACCEPT.  Accept others for who they are and for their choices they have made even if you have difficulty understanding their beliefs. We are all here to serve a purpose, it just may not be the same purpose that you and I are here to serve.  Decide that you will be successful and happy what ever may come your way, and with what ever it is, you will find happiness in that. The roadblocks are only minor obstacles along the way.  Use your abilites to the best of your knowledge. I have heard some guys say that they will feel incomplete without hair. Talent that is wasted has no value.  Talent that is used will bring unexpected rewards.  Do not feel as though you can not do something because of your hair loss.

Too many times we hear negative comments from people. Ignore that and focus instead on your goals and remember your accomplishments.  When you do hear negative comments do the F( squared) Forgive and Forget.  Grudges only weigh you down and leads you to unhappiness and grief.  People alot of times say things without thinking.  As Tyler mentioned...sometimes Timmays fingers work before connecting to the Brain.  We all fall to that at times, but life is a journey, a journey to new worlds, new possiblities and to keep an open mind.  Try to learn different things everyday  and you will grow.  If you have questions, please ask.  You are here in this forum to learn and to have fun.  If you dont ask, sometimes you may never know.  No question is ever dumb or stupid. 

Leave those childhood monsters behind.  The fear of what people will say if you shave your head, with confidence that you build up inside yourself, their words can no longer hurt, harm or stand in your way.  People will only throw these things if you show to them that you are weak.  Notice people who are helpless, weak or suffering and assists them if you can.  By going out of your comfort zone you will show them that you are strong, that you can take on the world no matter what is thrown your way. Share your talents, skills, knowledge and time with others.  Everything you invest in others will return to you many times over.

Most of all, create a family of friends with who you can share your hopes, dreams, sorrows and happiness with.  Value the friends and family members who have supported and encouraged you, and be there for them as well.  There may even be times when someone says something negative towards you but take a deep look inside that person and you will find the goodness in them, we are not all perfect.  Just keep in mind that you have to work hard  everyday  to be the best person you can be , but never feel guilty if you fall short of your goals.  It is allowed to screw up every now and then.  It doesnt make you less of a person.

As the world is today there is alot of stress. With the economy the way it is, people are sitting on unstable ground. They do not know what is to come or how things are going to be when they wake up the next day.  We all have to make adjustments within our own means.  Keep things within a reasonable reach.  I know this may be tough, but we need to relax. Refuse to let worry  and stress rule our daily lives, and remember that things always have a way of working out in the end.

Most importantly..Play.  Never forget to have fun along the way. Success means nothing without happiness.  Enjoy your time here and make as many friends as possible.  There is no limit on the amount of friends you can have.  Yield to commitment.  If you stay on track  and remain dedicated, you will find success at the end of the road.  We soemtimes fall off the path that life leads us down.  Thats ok, explore all possiblities, most things are not permenant, you can change your mistakes. When the bad memories and sorrow rears its ugly head, just remember your happy place ( SBG's).  Let nothing interfere with your goals.  Instead , focus on your abilities , your dreams and a brighter tomorrow!

Give SBG's a chance to make a difference in your life.  We are here to help you come to terms with the issues on top.  Shaving your noggin may not be the answer for all of us, but we all are here for one purpose, Friendship and Guidance. 

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Re: Just a few words of encouragement...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »
Those are great words of wisdom Tim. Thanks for posting them.  O0

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:08:06 AM »
Fantastic Tim!!!!!  That was some of the most encouraging words I have heard in a long time! I've been wanting to say something along those lines but couldn't  get the words to do it!

You just did it!!!!

*Standing and applauding*
It's all about attitude!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Tim, that is one of THE best posts on this forum.  Thank you!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
TIMMMMAAAAYYYYYY!!!!  O0 O0

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »
Can I get an AAAAMEN up in here!!!!!!!

Preach it brother Tim! O0 
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
Very good, Timm
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »
Nice Job Tim...that was Awesome Bro

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
Timm thats awesome dude!! Really well written!  O0

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »
Dam Timmy....well said, very nice job brother O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline Chaplain Mike

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
Well spoken Timmay!  True words of wisdom.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Very well said Tim, I'm impressed!  O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
hey timmy:  that was an excellent post.  well said, bro. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »
hey timmy:  that was an excellent post.  well said, bro. O0

WARHAWK O0

Ditto what Warhawk said.  Very uplifting and inspiring!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 06:57:05 AM »
Tim-

One of the best posts I've ever seen on SBG.
It's a privilege to call you my Friend.

Tyler should consider posting that up, in a place obvious to newcomers, as sort of a manifesto.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields