Author Topic: Messed up head shape  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Krash

• Learning the way of Sly
Messed up head shape
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
Been shaving my head for the past few years out of necessity.  Was loosing my hair fast and just looked ridiculous.  Put it off for a while because I've got a pretty screwed up head shape thanks to a childhood accident.  Started thinning in my teens, and final shaved it off at 30. Still pretty insecure about it; people tend to stare, so I've built up quite the collection of hats.  Anxiety is up today as I've got a formal engagement to attend which etiquette will prevent me from wearing a hat.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Messed up head shape
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:58 PM »
Welcome, Krash!

I see a small dent, but to me, I think it defines character. You have a great headshape and great beard coverage. I don't think it detracts, you still wear sly well. We all are OCD about something on ourselves, but if I saw you on the street, you would just be another guy with a shaved head. You could see a doctor or dermatologist if it's that bothersome, but if I were you I wouldn't worry about it, even though that's easy for me to say. Best of luck and keep us posted!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
Hi Karsch, I agree with sir harry, yes there is a dent but you wear it well and have a strong face, great beard.  Don't worry about it

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 03:14:17 AM »
well your first photo, really does accentuate it, but the second one, just looks like a bit of skin texture. I think it isn't as bad as what you think, most of us will have something we would like to change, and you have a good beard to go with the bald head, and you wear it well. Being balding the options really are, come to grips with it (yeah I know it's tough), throw lots of money as various anti-balding things, or shave it.  You might need to be a bit thick skinned for a while but people around you will get used to it pretty quick (it will take longer for you to come to terms with it)

Best of luck mate!
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline SSL87

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:23 AM »
a plastic surgeon can fix that dent in your skull...  they just fill in the dent with something using a needle to inject it under the skin.. filling in the space

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
You pull off the look very well. Don't worry about it.

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
Hmm. I have a bit of an issue with this myself (I was born via c section, so my head wasnt reshaped).

I have a little bit of a weird indentation, between my neck and the back of my head.  I dont particularly like the shape of it, but no one else seems to notice. :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
I see that shape often.  Don't make an issue of it.
SlyBeard

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
Seriously man, I would not worry about it, looks fine to me. No one has perfect form, if we worried about every tiny imperfection we'd go nuts.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:56:08 PM by Blagadan »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 12:22:58 PM »
Welcome , join the crowd , none of us is perfect.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 01:11:37 AM »
looks completely normal to me, welcome