Author Topic: Electric shavers / clippers with 0.2 to 1.5mm length options?  (Read 5452 times)

Offline orenoren

• Learning the way of Sly
Electric shavers / clippers with 0.2 to 1.5mm length options?
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:23:39 PM »
Hello fellow bald guys :)

I am new here and hope its alright to start of with a specific question for my balding head.

I was using the Philips Norelco Headgroom clipper (with the 180degree swivel head thingy), but found after roughly 6 month the length settings are constantly adjusting themselves while i shave or clip my head. So even i choose for example the 1.5mm setting, it changes to a longer or even shorter setting while I trim, so that obviously sucks.

Now i am looking for a replacement. Since i did not dare yet to use a clipper without a length guard to get a really fully shaved head, i would like a clipper or shaver that has the length option in the range of 0.2 (or how ever close is possible) to 1.5mm. So i can gradually get closer to an actual shave, step by step.

Anybody has a good suggestion for me or experience to share?

Thanks and Merry Christmas !

Orenoren

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Electric shavers / clippers with 0.2 to 1.5mm length options?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »
Have you seen this thread yet? http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16794.0

I know that many people like the Wahl Balding Clipper and Andis clippers.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline orenoren

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Electric shavers / clippers with 0.2 to 1.5mm length options?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 02:46:21 AM »
Hello Tyler,

thanks for the hint. After reading these posts i ended up buying the Wahl Balding Clipper.

I just did my "first" clipping with the Wahl. My fringe still too visible

I actually hoped the Wahl Balding Clipper would cut it even a bit closer. But for some reason i dont dare to just wet shave it all off.... yet