Author Topic: Bee Bald Shave vs. Head Blade Head Slick  (Read 3361 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
Bee Bald Shave vs. Head Blade Head Slick
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
Just after I started shaving my head, and after reading comments here, I gave Head Blade HeadSlick a try.  I liked it far better than standard shaving cream.  So I stuck with it for a long time (coming up on 2 years sly).  At any rate, not long ago I was in the store and I saw Bee Bald Shave on the shelf.  "Hmm...", thought I.  I decided to pick it up, if for no other reason that curiosity.  I wasn't planning on switching brands necessarily, but I figured it was good to experiment with different products to see which one I liked the best.  Here, then, is my review:

Head Slick, as the name implies, is a very slick head lube for shaving.  It's very thick and creamy and feels good going on.  It helps the razor glide over the scalp very nicely for a clean, close shave.  No complaints there.  The only problem I have with it, is that it seems to dry quickly if you're shaving in the sink.  I normally do because I'm concerned about the cost of shower shaving.  I find myself re-wetting and reapplying fairly often. 

Bee Bald Shave, isn't quite as thick as HeadSlick and has a completely different texture.  The first time I tried Shave I had obtained a sample and my initial reaction was "meh".  This time, however, when I gave the product a second try I was pleasantly surprised.  It goes on very smoothly and spreads into a thin layer, which, I believe, gets the razor closer to the skin.  Even though it's a thin layer, the lubrication it gives is amazing.  Another plus is that don't have to reapply as often.  It seems to retain moisture longer than HeadSlick.  It leaves my scalp feeling smooth, soft and well conditioned. 

For me, the advantage belongs to Bee Bald Shave.  It gives me a very comfortable shaving experience and the smoothest feeling head I have ever had. 

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: Bee Bald Shave vs. Head Blade Head Slick
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »
Thanks for the review! I have a lot of experience with headslick but have never used bee bald.  Headslick is insanely hit or miss for me, sometimes it's amazing and other times I might as well be shaving with orange dial hand soap. I have however found that headslick is awesome in rotation.  My typical go-to has been barbasol aloe lately but every say 3 shaves ill use headslick and typically have a very nice shave.  I am going to try headslick w/ my de very soon and do expect even better results.  I've found headslick perfect for the 1st pass but passes 2-3 (cartridge) are very rough with headslick.  I fully expect it to work much better with a de since my de gets the job done in 1 pass + touch ups
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air