Author Topic: Login issues  (Read 9593 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Login issues
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
I have found that there are some login issues going on.  I'm working on getting them resolved.  This mostly seems to happen on mobile devices and not PCs or laptops.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Login issues
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:44:36 AM »
yes, intermittent login issues with android tablet.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
I had problems last night from my iPad.  I could log in, but as soon as I moved between boards, I would be logged out.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
I had some issues on Chrome on my laptop, actually, but they have stopped.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »
I've been having many logout issues the last day or 2, usually when I click on 'Show unread posts' I get logged out, sometimes all it takes is a 'Reload page' command' to get back.
This also occurs sometimes when I try to change forum threads.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:49:21 AM »
It is constantly logging me out after every read.  The site is extremely sluggish making it almost unusable for me - since your revamping the site.  I am on an iMac using the latest OS and using safari. 

bob

Offline NoPony

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:05:37 AM »
I'm having the same problems as bennett11, page loads can take as long as 30-45 seconds and it does make me think twice about checking the site regularly.
There is more then just a log-problem going on here, something else is also broken causing very slow page update times.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
Incidentally I have java not enabled as is recommended by many on the apple sites.  Don't know if this makes a difference.

bob

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
I spoke to soon... I've been having issues today. Dell laptop, Chrome browser.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
It is working sporadically.  For a few minutes it works fine and then i am off the server and I get a dialog box saying safari can no longer find the server, error or it doesn't exist.  I log back in and it doesn't recognize me and then sometimes it does. 

bob

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
Same here
It is working sporadically.  For a few minutes it works fine and then i am off the server and I get a dialog box saying safari can no longer find the server, error or it doesn't exist.  I log back in and it doesn't recognize me and then sometimes it does. 

bob
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 02:12:20 PM »
Same with me.  The site is also responding very slowly when I navigate between threads.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Hey guys, there's an issue going on with my hosting provider.  I've been on the phone with them for over two hours, yet they keep denying it's on their end.  It might be time to switch hosting providers...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »
It just now took me about 5 minutes and many retries, including clearing out old caches etc to finally get to your website.
I kept getting a 403 error "forbidden to access site".
Yes I would guess your provider is having a problem and has been for some time now.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
I have been having issues still. I try logging in with my phone and it wont let me, same with chrome. With chrome, it says something about cookies. I am having to use IE which is so primitive that it hardly makes it worth my time trying to get on the site anymore

Enter your email address: