Author Topic: July Sly fitness challenge....make your dome look even better!  (Read 29500 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
Okay gang, my fitness goals for July are....
1) 100 miles on the elliptical (or bike or cross ramp)
2) 6 pounds dropped
3) 16 weight lifting sessions
4) no injuries

If you are game post your goals and check in to show your progress!

Good luck and enjoy...
Cheers,
Ty
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:04:37 PM by TyMoore122 »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: July Sly fitness challenge....make your dome look even better!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
My goal is:

5 kilos lost.
60 kilo bench press
80 kilo squats

I would also like to get my 2km row back under 9min.

As it stands I am currently 98kgs, and bench 55kgs. squat 70kgs and my row is back up to about 9:20.

I am taking a rest week, and I'll get back into full swing next week and hopefully I by the end of the month I am breaking records again!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:23:40 AM »
 :Xo!
Now I have to go get one of the converters so I can figure out what you just said!!

my profile pic fits this post perfectly....

Just joking, looking forward to your updates.
Cheers,
Ty
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:25:43 AM by TyMoore122 »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:45:22 AM »
bahaha, wouldn't know how to go from kilograms to pounds either, so I don't blame you!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
Hum, come on guys something is better than nothing.....get off the porch and join in. Any goal is better than no goal.....

Walking, running, pushups, sit ups.....

Cheers,
Ty

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
My goal is to get back to the gym and make it 4 times a week!  I initially want to do the elliptical foa a half hour.  I would like to lose 5 pounds a month!

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »
Have been on a great full-body beginner's routine for 15 weeks now and I'm set to move up 10% of weight in all exercises next Monday!

For each exercise I do 2 work sets of the full weight after I do one warmup set of 25% weight and one set of 50% weight (I only do warm up sets for the first 3 exercises I'll list).  Do your heavy day, skip a day, medium day (10% less than heavy), skip a day, light day (20% less than medium).  MWF for me, skipping Tues and Thurs.  8 reps of each exercise the first week, 9 the following week, all the way up to 12 reps on the 5th week.  If after the heavy day on the 5th week you can do all 12 reps for 2 sets, then you can move up 10% weight in that exercise.  If you can't do the 12 reps, start over the next week at the same weight.

Next Monday these will be my work set goals (not 1 rep max), and I'm excited because I've never lifted this much ever!:

Squats: 200lb.
Bench Press: 200lb.
Bent Row: 130lb.
Military Press: 130lb.
Stiff-legged Deadlift: 175lb.
Two-handed cable curls: 140lb.
Calf Raises: 400lb.

After I plateau with this mass gaining/strength program (I imagine in the next 6 months, but who knows!), I'll be moving on to a more advanced split body routine for strength gains and then to a more cardio/endurance type routine for cutting fat.  

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:57:09 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »
Stupid imperial system... brb calculator... have you only been lifting for 15 weeks, or were you doing a different program prior? Because those are some pretty impressive numbers. I've got a few various injuries that stop me from advancing as fast as I would like too.

I work out 6 nights a week, with Monday being my rest day. Tues, Thurs, Sat are my cardio nights, Wed, Fri, Sun are my weight nights.

@Marsh, I can see you easily losing 5 pounds a month! especially if you are in the gym 4 nights a week and are eating right (even I struggle with that part haha)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
I have been actively been going to the gym since the end of May.  I choose not to have a measurable goal of how many pounds I need to lose or increasing my bench press or squats. 

The only goal that I wanted to accomplish is just to get to the gym atleast twice a week in the beginning.  Since than (past two weeks)... I have increased it to three times a week.  I am really feeling the benefits of my time in the gym and look forward to my workouts.  Matter of fact... I feel guilty when I can't go to the gym. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
I was doing my own dumb program with no real progress for a few months before this 15 weeks.  This is my first time getting into weightlifting seriously.  This program helps you advance fast!  To give you an idea of how fast, I was doing 35 lb. barbell curls 15 weeks ago, now I'm doing 60 lb. curls (and more reps).  Am currently taking whey protein powder shakes and creatine powder as well.  The creatine before workouts really helps get you pumped and focused.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
Matter of fact... I feel guilty when I can't go to the gym. O0

I know exactly what you mean! I feel that way myself if I can't go for whatever reason. I personally liked having a goal weight that I was aiming for (I was a pretty big boy though when I started), I was about 140 kilos (300 pounds.. sounds worse when I do the conversion...) and I set myself a goal of 100 kilos (220 pounds) which I just completed just a couple of weeks ago! My next target is 90 kilos, and I don't know if I will keep aiming to go lower from there or not, with my program I will continue losing weight anyway.

@Bill, That is awesome man, I do 30 kg (65lb) barbell curls. 

I've never really got into suppliments, not for muscle gain anyways, I did try carnitine for a while a month and that seemed to help with my weight loss, so I might get another order of that.

I have sworn by protein shakes ever since I started taking them, they help with the recovery process so much! I used to struggle the next day before I started drinking them.

I have heard some great things about creatine, and if I decide to get into suppliments, it will be something that I will give a go.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »
@Beardman... congrats on your weight loss.  U definitely don't look like U are 300 lbs in your avatar pic.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
Thanks mate, I certainly am not anymore!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
Congrats Beardman!! and @ Warhawk- Showing up is the best goal of all, with out it nothing happens  O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 07:22:58 AM »
As I posted in an earlier thread, I am down 17 lbs. since the last weekend in April. I'd like too lose 7-8 more lbs. this month.
The probem for me is that my schedule makes it tough to squeeze workouts in. I leave the house at 4 AM for work and often don't get home until 6-8 PM.

Plus.... it's Summer and we have things scheduled for just about every weekend.

No excuses though. I'm going to try and get the workouts cranked up starting this coming weekend.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: