Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316283 times)

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #390 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
Found some Bikini Line Shaving Gel in the spare master bath closet that one of my daughters left. Works great on your head & face ! 😄

Slynito

« Reply #391 on: November 30, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
I was using some Corn Huskers Lotion on my rough, chapped hands today and was thinking...it has lots of glycerine in it so I bet it would be good to shave with.

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
Started with foam, tried gel, going back to foam

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
i use Gillette shaving cream
Bald is the new black!

Offline vince73

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2012, 02:44:13 AM »
hi guys, im new to the forum and this is my 1st post, i been shaving my head for more than 5 years now and i use whatever gel or cream i have in the bathroom and i do it with a normal dispensable razor.
I guess im pretty lucky i dont get many irritation or burns (hardly any) and when im done i jump in the shover where with the same blade i put the finishing touch.
Just wanted to ask you guys, i use a special rock that in italian is called "allume di rocca" to complete the job, what i do is after i shaved and shovered i "levigate" my head using this wet rock and what i achieve is a very shiny finish..has anyone ever heard of this?
thank you.

i just found this of youtube 
if anyone needs help with the translation i will be happy to oblige.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:47:22 AM by vince73 »

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood...wish I could try that product.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:41 AM »
Kalbo- you can try it.  I use it every day and love it, I'm sure what he's referring to is an alum block.  There are many sources for it, I get mine from Mama Bear's Soaps.  It's about 8 bucks plus shipping....ahe gets her orders out very quickly and makes INCREDIBLE shaving soaps.   A number of online barber supplies also sell it.  It comes in two forms that Iknow of - one that is just a lump of the mineral, looks like a quartz rock.  The other option, and what Mama carries, is milled down tothe shape of a bar of soap. 

After a shveand rinse you moisten the bar and wipe it across your skin - careful around eyes and mouth.  You can feel your skin tighten and yes it does give you a bit of a tingle.  Soem guys leave it on the skin, others let it sit a minute or so andthen rinse.  It's part of my daily routine and I really like it.   I bought my first bar about 10 months back and just replaced it this week...probably had another month's use leftbut I dropped it and it split intoseveral small pieces so it was time.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
Hey sailor61,

Thanks for the tip. I would like to try it.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »
here's the link to Mama Bear's alum block;  http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=220

As I said in prior post there are other sources but this is where I have gotten mne.

And I will give her soaps a very strong reccomendation.....she has dozens of scents and all of the ones I've tried are incredible. Ogallala also makes great soaps that are an excellent alternative to both foam and gel.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Slynito

« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
Got to admit that video of their shave soap is impressive...I guess the alum block is a septic device. Alum, dries and stings when it contacts a cut. I hope I can remember the web site when I run out of all the stuff I have on hand...thanx sailor.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
Sailor61, thanks for the tip, if what you are saying is the same as what I am thinking, I have been using alum rock for more than 10years already. I am using it as my deodorant, After I shower, I would wet the rock and rub it gently on my underarms. I never knew it is effective as an aftershave. I am excited to try it soon as I am done with my Monday appointment with the barber. By the way, will it be safe to apply sunblock after I use the alum?
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Deke

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
I started using Edge gel shaving at the sink, but quickly moved to shaving in the shower.  I use Headslick (Headblade shaving lotion), the light menthol is nice and cool on freshly shaved skin. 

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Deke. You wear the shaved head really well.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2012, 01:58:31 AM »
I shave daily, cause well, i cant stand stubble i'd shave twice a day, but im not that brave. LOL, I've tried alot of edge gels so far, none that just blow my mind, and leave me cut-free. hencew hy i switcehd to the CleanHead. HOpefully one day i'll be able to use a blade and not knick myself and gush ye ole blood.

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
Gel all the way.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]