Author Topic: I miss the hair wash girl  (Read 22573 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I miss the hair wash girl
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2007, 07:35:52 AM »
"that has a nice ring to it, Wyle E. Coyote ............ SUPER GENIUS".

Yeah, that and a salad bowl size serving of Sugar Smacks and it made for a good start to any Saturday. Yes you young guys, they were actually called Sugar Smacks back then when us kids went outside for exercise instead of sitting at the TV all day exercising our thumbs with PS3, XBox, etc etc.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2007, 07:36:42 AM »
Oh yeah, I miss those Saturday morning cartoons

I'm convinced you never out grow cartoons.  Some stuff is just always funny.   Like bugs bunny vs elmer fudd.

Or porky pig vs daffy duck.

sylvester vs tweety, and so on.

One of the best cartoons involved daffy, bugs and elmer.   It was one where it was hunting season, and bugs sees it's rabbit season.  But he runs into daffy, and they go back and forth between rabbit season/duck season, and daffy gets his beak blasted by elmer about 10 times.

bald for life

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
"that has a nice ring to it, Wyle E. Coyote ............ SUPER GENIUS".

Yeah, that and a salad bowl size serving of Sugar Smacks and it made for a good start to any Saturday. Yes you young guys, they were actually called Sugar Smacks back then when us kids went outside for exercise instead of sitting at the TV all day exercising our thumbs with PS3, XBox, etc etc.

Were they made by kelloggs?  Because they have a cereal called smacks with the frog on the box.   

I have had those myself.   I also like Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, Corn Pops, Golden Grahams, Honey Nut Clusters, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios and Frosted Mini Wheats

However since I mainly like to snack on cereal, the best snack cereal imho....

bald for life

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2007, 07:56:40 AM »
Actually, it was Sugar Crisps made by Post. Their character was "Sugar Bear". Not to be confused with Huggy Bear from Starsky & Hutch.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »
Oh yeah, I miss those Saturday morning cartoons
Thank God for cable - I can still see them at night.  The stuff kids have now is not worth a flip
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »
i had my youngest hooked on boomerang for awhile. looney toons, pink panther, all the good stuff i watched as a kid.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2007, 04:49:26 PM »
I remember Sugar Bear
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 10:45:03 AM »
Can't get enough of them sugar crisp  :)

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
  • My WigsforKids Donation
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 03:46:09 AM »
 I think a good cartoon never goes out of style -- whatever a persons age may be. You can't beat the Looney Tunes or the older Pink Panthers. Remember the time when you went to a movie and you saw Bugs, a three stooges short or a Pink Panther cartoon before the featured film?

Now you get to sit through previews and commercials. Ah well that's progress for you  :D

Sugar Crisps? All I have to do is hum or sing the jingle and my wife will be whistling it or humming it for a week  >:D