Author Topic: after shave  (Read 6216 times)

Offline diducmeb4

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: after shave
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 07:21:04 AM »
You can get Aloe gel from Walmart for about $4.  Brand is "Fruit of the Earth" and is clear.  Find it in the skin care section, not the stuff with the sun screen and tanning products.
Hair is over rated ...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
Clubman Pinaud is my choice. An old time scent at an extremely affordable price.

People are always asking me what cologne/after shave I wear.

Looks like there are a bunch of clubman pinaud's. Do you have a specific one you like?

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »
Clubman Pinaud is my choice. An old time scent at an extremely affordable price.

I don't know that one. Do a lot of places carry it?
Hair is over rated.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »

Looks like there are a bunch of clubman pinaud's. Do you have a specific one you like?

The original, which is simply called "Clubman Pinaud". It is yellow in color and has an old time barbershop scent.
If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you they usually carry it. You can get a large bottle for about$8. My local Sally's just stopped carrying it so I got a bit smaller bottle of it at Walgreen's for the same $8. Still an amazing value.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline lvn4gzs

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »
FYI:
Walmart carries Tea Tree Oil. It's in the Hair Care section in with the "Ethnic" hair products. (At Walmart, "Ethnic" means "Black Folks Hair". Evidently black folks' hair is different. Who knew? I'm just a dumb ole white boy. I had no idea.)

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »
The body shop at your local shopping mall might carry tree tea oil with all the other body stuff. I use bump defense product line running low so use the 'canned stuff' and some gillette after shave gel works fine for me and body lotion sometimes.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »

The original, which is simply called "Clubman Pinaud". It is yellow in color and has an old time barbershop scent.
If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you they usually carry it. You can get a large bottle for about$8. My local Sally's just stopped carrying it so I got a bit smaller bottle of it at Walgreen's for the same $8. Still an amazing value.

Bay Rum is another old school aftershave.  I love it.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
i know i'm a little late to this thread ...

a lot of times when I use headslick, I find that I don't always need a soothing aftershave.  The menthol seems to be enough sooth the skin.  Though, I always use a moisturizer afterwards.

Though, sometimes if i forgot to change blade cartridges and my head gets a little raw, I tend to use taylor of old bond street shaving shop aftershave gel or Game Day mens aftershave because they don't have alcohol.