Author Topic: Embracing my legacy; Baldness.  (Read 11303 times)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Embracing my legacy; Baldness.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
It might not be by choice, but rest assured, the bald head really suits you.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 06:05:57 AM »
Appreciate all the positive comments. Shaved again today, going to try to keep the 30 day shave intact. Leaving for Navy basic in 5 weeks and I plan on keeping it shaved during that too. It's a rejuvenating feeling not wearing a hat everywhere I go. Can only get better from this point on. Just going to stay in shape and try to get a little sun, the cool spring breeze has never felt better though!!
Looks great - and great timing on the decision.  They would have given you a #1 clipper buzz when you got to Great Lakes anyway and fully shaved scalp looks MUCH better than a thinning #1!  The shaved head makes you look more mature than the other youngsters who will be running around with their "boot buzzes".
I was just up at Great Lakes today, (I am retired Navy and I was doing some business on the base.  Spring has finally arrived, the trees are in blossom and the bitter winds off of the Lake are subsiding.  The weather will be the nicest is can possibly be here  when you come for basic.  By the end of your basic it will actually be HOT here for a couple of weeks, ( our Summer only lasts a few weeks here).  You won't get much time to write or surf the net while you are in basic but remember that we will be thinking of you
I am looking forward to your writing and letting us know that you have graduated so that I can you; "Shipmate"!

Great post.

Offline boston501

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »
good for you. right move

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 05:52:54 PM »
Welcome to the board, FishingLegend!

Congratulations on having the confidence and fortitude to face reality head on and take control. I am glad you are happy with your decision. It looks good.

I totally agree!  CONGRATS !  Your other choices were either taking a magic marker and drawing curls on your head or sprinkling grated Parmesan cheese and then clear lacquer spray seal or this infomercial:

Offline FishingLegend96

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »
Thanks guys, all of you definitely give me a lot more confidence. Theres no reason to be ashamed of something you can't change and to hide it. It truly is comforting coming to a forum like this because most people my age don't understand. The few that can relate are just as uncomfortable. It can be a damper to ones self esteem. But sometimes you gotta play with the cards you've been dealt and rock that sh*t. Kudos to all the posters on this forums. You guys are the real MVP's!! 

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 11:17:31 PM »
Growing up I had the most beautiful hair. Few people could compare, I constantly received compliments for my curly locks. Took me awhile to come to terms that one of the strongest points of my look was starting to vanish. Trying to hide it was no longer worth it so I started to keep it short then just decided to shave for the first time. Feels good honestly, I've come to terms with my lineage. Here's to being bald and 20. 👍🏻

Welcome!

You look great.

Steve

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline FishingLegend96

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2016, 01:41:28 PM »
Hey guys, took a few days off from shaving but did it back up again, still trying to find the right technique for me, feels like its going to be a long time until then though...  >:( I've been thinking of making a youtube video on balding at a young age and how to cope with it and become as confident as ever. Any thought or advice on this? Never made a youtube video before but I feel it could really help some thinning souls know they aren't alone. If i do go through with it I plan on telling everybody to come over to this forum and become a member because this is by far the best support group that anyone can find.  Thanks again everybody!!  O0

Offline euroman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
You look good man!

I wish I had the balls to do that. Way to go. i bet you feel like a king now?! Freedom baby.... Cudos!! ;)