Author Topic: Hi guys....just took the plunge  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Lullaby

• "I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to break your legs" - Bas Rutten
  • Sly Jr.
Hi guys....just took the plunge
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm 21 and have been seeing myself balding since I was 16. Everyone  who has been there knows how it is so I'll just skip all the constant worry, coverup, windy days stuff.  ;)  My really close friends that I've talked with about it all said to shave it off and that hiding it and wearing hats all the time just looks like a lack of self confidence. I always told them that when it gets too bad I will, hoping the day never came.

Well, long story short I took a picture of myself to send to a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and once I saw the picture I knew it was time. So Saturday night I starting putting away some beers and read lots of posts on here. I don't have a decent razor, so I just trimmed it as close as I could with my trimmer.

Before

And after (2 days after the trim)

Frankly, I love it. I can't wait to shave it all down. I'm still elated over the whole thing. After all that worrying and being self conscious all I had to do was so simple. Shave that furry crap off! If you're thinking about it like I was do yourself a favor and just go for it!

p.s. if it wasn't for all your posts here I never would have gone trough with it so a big THANK YOU to everyone here.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hi guys....just took the plunge
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »
welcome. looks sly. hope you join in on the posts. PAUL

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
Welcome Lullaby.....much better look!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »
Welcome and congrats on taking the jump bro!  Looks kicking!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »
Welcome to the frat Lullaby - looks good
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:56:33 PM »
shows the piercings off better.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:18:13 PM »
Yeh what they said!! ;D Wellcome to the group Lullaby, great to have you. O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Lullaby

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »
thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'll be moving to Arizona soon so I'm guessing I'll enjoy it even more after I get a tan.

Offline random

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
Sly? More like JUST PLAIN AWESOME.

You're really giving me hope, as we seem to have remotely similar facial features and hair type. I'm just a bit concerned about the shape of my skull (resp. some cranial sutures... they certainly feel scary even through the hair, but I've never actually seen them...).
Will probably sit out the rest of this semester, then I should be able to hide in the basement for a few weeks should operation "Shave that furry crap off!" not be deemed a success :P

* random waves at the rest of the crowd

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 08:27:01 PM »
welcome random. if you hide in the basement you will look like POWDER.(remember that movie?) shave it, embrace it, wear it, have confidence.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
Welcome, Random!  Shave it.  The sooner the better.

0~~ Procrastinate today… don’t put it off.  gu!l+)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:41:36 AM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »
Welcome Random, go for it scalp the dome. ;D
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Lullaby

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »

You're really giving me hope, as we seem to have remotely similar facial features and hair type. I'm just a bit concerned about the shape of my skull (resp. some cranial sutures... they certainly feel scary even through the hair, but I've never actually seen them...).
Will probably sit out the rest of this semester, then I should be able to hide in the basement for a few weeks should operation "Shave that furry crap off!" not be deemed a success :P

Thank you for the "JUST PLAIN AWESOME", it made my day  :)
As for your concern over your skull shape. Trust me, I was in the same boat. Before I buzzed it off I felt around on my head and counted at least 10 spots that I thought for sure were going to make me look stupid with my hair gone, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Guess what, I can't find a single one now  :)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »

Thank you for the "JUST PLAIN AWESOME", it made my day  :)
As for your concern over your skull shape. Trust me, I was in the same boat. Before I buzzed it off I felt around on my head and counted at least 10 spots that I thought for sure were going to make me look stupid with my hair gone, but I went ahead and did it anyways. Guess what, I can't find a single one now  :)

Dude i'm 23 years old and bald myself(by choice), congrats lullaby.   And skull shape/what not does not matter random.    It only matters if you let it matter.    If you are confident and show that confidence, nobody will say anything or give you compliments.

And when people joke about it, the key is to be able to laugh at yourself and joke back.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:18:11 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »
Lullaby - congrats dude!  It does look awesome!!!  I'm glad this site could help you out.  As much as I laugh at all the guys beating up on each other in a brotherly way, this is what the site is really about.  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!

Random - do it man!  That's all I can tell you.  Well, I can also say welcome to Sly Bald Guys!   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: