Author Topic: long hair to sly (suggestion needed)?  (Read 11743 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: long hair to sly (suggestion needed)?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 07:57:13 AM »
Actually I don't think it did slow the balding process. I toyed with the idea of growing my hair out and seeing if I could get back to a ponytail but, after a couple of months, I had what some in here refer to as a toilet seat, the hairy crescent around the sides and back of the head. I was still sparse on top and growing the hair out actually made me look 10-15 years older than previous estimates. I looked in the mirror one day and saw the aging illusion staring back at me and I grabbed the clippers and went back to shaving. It seems to me that people who make the assumption that shaving slows the balding process are under the impression that the weight of the hair is what causes balding in the first place but if this were, indeed, the situation then older men that I have seen with a full head of hair that goes halfway down their back would not really exist. I'm thinking that the balding process has more to do with the chemical make up of the human body, particularly the presence of DHT, and has little if anything to do with the length of a person's hair.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline 99dumeng

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
Thanks for sharing the information with us, Buddha!!  Happy and smooth year for everyone !!  A quick update for everyone.......My hair has reached terminal length and it doesn't seem like it is growing anymore (around calf).  I appreciate everyone's feedback.  I will keep watching the hairline and take action.

Actually I don't think it did slow the balding process. I toyed with the idea of growing my hair out and seeing if I could get back to a ponytail but, after a couple of months, I had what some in here refer to as a toilet seat, the hairy crescent around the sides and back of the head. I was still sparse on top and growing the hair out actually made me look 10-15 years older than previous estimates. I looked in the mirror one day and saw the aging illusion staring back at me and I grabbed the clippers and went back to shaving. It seems to me that people who make the assumption that shaving slows the balding process are under the impression that the weight of the hair is what causes balding in the first place but if this were, indeed, the situation then older men that I have seen with a full head of hair that goes halfway down their back would not really exist. I'm thinking that the balding process has more to do with the chemical make up of the human body, particularly the presence of DHT, and has little if anything to do with the length of a person's hair.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
The only thing that shaving your head will do, is make you bald!

What happens on the outside, has NOTHING to do with what happens on the inside.

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people still believe.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
if you combined all the hair i ever had, it wouldn't have been that long (pre-mature balding here) 

but once you let it go, the sense of freedom is amazing. mark my words.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 12:33:47 AM »
I have been on here for years... I don't recall a single long-hair SHAVING! Not once, not a one. I think they just troll, for kicks!

Enter your email address: