Author Topic: Going to shave my hair  (Read 4921 times)

Offline jarhead91

• Learning the way of Sly
Going to shave my hair
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »
I am turning 25 soon and my hairline is getting worse and worse. Used to be worst on the right side, but the last year the left side has gotten worse too. I always use caps or hoodie outside to cover my hair atm...

So now I am going to try shaving it off completely. I don't know if it will suit me though. I have a narrow face, a fat nose and protruding ears.

What I don't understand is, how do you completely shave it off? I remember shaving it like 8 years ago when I had a much better hairline, it was short but not "shaved" if you know what I mean. I have brown hair so you could still see the hairline clearly. I have seen some guys shaving it pretty short at first and not being satisfied, then shaving it completely looking much better.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: Going to shave my hair
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:49:57 AM »
I had a set of clippers and over months kept using smaller and smaller guards, so shorter and shorter buzz cuts.  When I started I hadn't really thought about shaving but then you get to no guard and it's an obvious thing to do.  If you hair is long and you don't have clippers go too barber and either get it shaved or if you want to be conservative get it buzzed, you can see what's it's like and if you want shave it yourself

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 04:50:26 AM »
The first few times, maybe a week, you'll want to mostly shave WITH the grain of your hair. As your head gets used to the razor blade, then you can shave AGAINST the grain for a smoother shave. The shadow will return in a day or so, thus the 30 day rule. Learn to enjoy the head shave each morning.  Ahhh. a smooth head. Pretty satisfying. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
You could always go to a barbershop. Good luck and welcome.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jarhead91

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 02:25:26 PM »
So I just shaved my head, starting with a shaver and finishing with a razor. Did it myself so it took a while. I am very white on the scalp and wounded myself pretty bad, but apart from that it looks much better than before. And I can't stop touching my head, lol.

Should I wear a hat outside in the sun? I like to be in the water a lot either swimming or fishing, can you spend like 1 hour in the water swimming without hat and protection and not get burned?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:31:34 PM by jarhead91 »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »
Well done taking control.  Until your head gets a bit of a tan from short periods of exposure to the sun not in the middle of the day I  would recommend a hat as there is nothing worse than a burned scalp.
Roger

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
Well done. Post some pics.

Remember, take your time, prepare properly and dont press too hard!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
Use a good sunscreen that is water proof for swimming.  Ditch the hat and show off the dome, but keep it protected.  A smooth shaved dome will burn quickly, even if you have the skin type the doesn't normally burn.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 01:51:25 PM »
Yes, sunscreen and short periods of sun exposure. I love the tanned bald look, so I try to get 30 minutes of sun a couple times a week to maintain it. Welcome to the bald brotherhood, I hope you enjoy it!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldlyGo.com

• Hair Loss Is Fun
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 01:48:29 AM »
So now I am going to try shaving it off completely. I don't know if it will suit me though. I have a narrow face, a fat nose and protruding ears.

Most of the future bald headed guys I know, think this way. mostly for no real reason. "my ears will stick out" "I have a wired shape" etc.. 
Even me, with my perfect head shape had those thoughts.
good luck
Check my Indiegogo campaign
https://igg.me/at/MyDadsBaldHea