Author Topic: Before/after pics... what do you think?  (Read 24515 times)

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
Re: Before/after pics... what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
I think it looks great. I'd give it the 30 day rule try. Your perception of it will likely change. I've been bald for over seven months and I still occasionally get tripped up on seeing a bald head when I'm looking in a mirror. Change does take a bit of time to adjust to for some.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 06:10:26 PM »
There you go. You have more  than one page of guys, all with smooth slick bald heads, all urging you to give the bald head a 30 day trial.  I'll have to jump in and encourage the same.  Both guys with naturally balding heads and those with a full head of hair the go the 30 days of head shaving ... generally stick with shaving their heads.  It's a really nice style and feels great. A few guys on here waffle back and forth, but generally come back to the shaved head as a favorite. 

You're almost there.  Give it the full shave and the full 30 days before making a decision.

Offline Fletcher

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 04:59:09 AM »
To everyone who replied to me (in particular Semi-Sly) I would like to say that I'm really grateful for your positive feedback and it has really helped me as I feel very insecure about my hair. Thank you.

I know a few of you want me to keep it for the 30 day rule, but after a couple of days of living with it I have decided that I'm not a fan and I do not want to look like this for the rest of my life (at least while I have acceptable coverage).

I will be growing it back (I will get a crew cut in a month or so, I hope that it suits me) and I know you guys won't approve but I am going to try a Regaine/Nizoral regime while it is still not too late - I know that hair loss is easier to prevent than fight and I should at least give it a go. Even if I manage to keep what I have till my thirties at least I think I'll be happy.

Again, thank you all so much for your help.

Fletch

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 08:08:53 AM »
Best of luck to you. Regardless of what you decide, feel free to still participate in the forums. Head shaving is not required to be an active member. The key is that you at least gave it a shot (sort of)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »
Fletch:

I does not matter one whit what we might "approve" or "disapprove", (and, in fact, this crowd is not the "disapproving type).  What matters is that you feel good about yourself -THAT is what we all want for you!

If you think that you need to try the rogaine, and if you are willing to accept the possible consequences, then you should do it.  We will be supportive of whatever you do.  Just keept in touch please.

And at least you now know that if, ultimately, your hair loss progresses, that you have an alternative and that you will look great if do go sly - the photos prove you look really good with the sly look! 

So, all in all, I think that your experiment has been a win-win for you!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
You've got to be content.  Life is too short to get worried about your hair.  If you're not feeling the bald look right now, so be it.  At least you experimented.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 07:35:55 PM »
You're not going to get any disapproval here; every man must do what he's at peace with doing and what makes him feel good about his own appearance.
More power to you!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 05:06:08 AM »
You like like a regular guy who has buzzed his hair....pretty much what you would expect....but if you don't like it, it will grow back....buzz or bald isn't for everyone....I wouldn't give you a second glance if you passed me in the street with either hair cut, as I said...regular guy

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
What do you guys think? Currently I don't like it at all... gonna be wearing a hat for a while.

I think it looks awesome!

Offline Lasamin2609

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »

Can you give me your opinions...
I am only a new bald man... :/O :/O :/O :/O