Author Topic: Cure for balding  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Cure for balding
« on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:54 AM »
I was watching the news the other day and there was a feature on scientists who have discovered an injection that can cause hair to regrow in mice.  They did also point out that any human solution would be at least ten years away.  HOwever it got me thinking:

1)  One of the guys they interviewed was 60 and pretty bald.  He said that he probably would take advantge of it in a bid to look younger.  Well in my experience of being on here, everyone who goes 'totally sly' looks younger than they did before so it just highlighted to me the popular perception that hair is intrinsically linked to youthfullness and health in some peoples eyes.

2)  The second thing that came to mind was whether or not i would be tempted.  I honestly believe that i look better with hair.  Not because I have a fear of balding, but in the same way that i think that I look better with brown eyes than if they were blue for instance.  But, I have got used (almost) to this way of being and growing hair now would be like growing an extra eye, just a bit weird.

I just thought i would post this to see what you all think. 

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cure for balding
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 06:32:23 AM »

2)  The second thing that came to mind was whether or not i would be tempted.  I honestly believe that i look better with hair.  Not because I have a fear of balding, but in the same way that i think that I look better with brown eyes than if they were blue for instance.  But, I have got used (almost) to this way of being and growing hair now would be like growing an extra eye, just a bit weird.

I just thought i would post this to see what you all think. 

We all have things about ourselves I think we would change if we could Argyle, eye color, hair color, hair, taller, thinner, different build, etc. But then that wouldn't be who we really are.   You rock the look bro. It's who you were meant to be O:O
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:39:03 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:02:10 AM »
I've got a couple of caveats to this cure:

1. My scalp condition. If this were to guarantee my condition would not return, I'd consider it. Although my wife prefers me with hair (heck, I'll admit I liked my hair when it was all there), it'd have to be a full head of hair to make this cure worthwhile. But, since going sly has made my scalp completely pain/itch free and I can't emphasize it enough how huge that is for me. That being said,

2. I love the SLY look!

Someone else can have my place in the line to sign up for the cure, because I'm not interested.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »
just another bid by the fashion/beauty industry to extort billions from those with poor self image.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 08:09:05 AM »
just another bid by the fashion/beauty industry to extort billions from those with poor self image.
O0 O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »
It's not actually an injection.  They  found that under lab conditions, mice skin will regenerate skin tissue over open wounds, including hair follicles.  No one knows yet if this works reliably in human skin or how such a procedure could be applied.

There will be media coverage implying a baldness cure.  I'm sure this is on purpose to help get private investors for the research. :)

Enter your email address: