Author Topic: Im new here and ready to make a change.  (Read 5199 times)

Offline jbp7hl

• Learning the way of Sly
Im new here and ready to make a change.
« on: April 04, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »
I found yall tonight and already feel a little closer to the final goal.

I started using a #2 all over for the first time 2 weeks ago, I want to go to a #1 or possibly no guard.  I havent done yet because of my head shape.

Im 6'-3, 295lb

look at this pic and tell me what yall think.  I know bald can not be the answer with this build.

by the Im the one on the right.

RoachX

Re: Im new here and ready to make a change.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 10:41:32 PM »
Don't worry about head shape, i think there is some mass delusion that we have as a race where we worry about the shape of our head (when we're thinking about going sly). I have never ever ever seen a healthy uninjured human being whose head looked misshapend when sly, as much as they were scared it was going to be before shaving it all off (myself included).

Ur already trimming it pretty short so jump right down to no guard, it will be easier to shave from there should you decide to go in that direction.

And if you don't like it, remember it will grow back before you know it.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
If you are really concerned how it looks go to a 1 now and then in a week or two(whenever you are comfortable) zero guard it, then get the razor of your choice and shaving cream and go at it.   If you aren't, just zero guard it now and then do the razor shave.

If you don't like it, it will grow back, but odds are you will love never having to deal with hair or haircuts ever again.   
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!

As RoachX said, don't worry about your head shape.  I have yet to to see a bad shaped head that is shaved.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
Welcome jbp.  I agree with the other sly bros.  Your concern is the same as most that I have heard of before but honestly you can't go wrong when you go sly.  A lot of people worry about their head shape or their build with having a shaved head.  Don't worry about it.  I'll guarantee you if you give it at least 2 weeks to a month you will love the new you.  But if you chose to go all the way, meaning sly, at least give it a month so you can adjust to it.  Because just like anything new it will be something different but I'll bet you will love it.  Of course, if not, it will always grow back.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 03:23:05 AM »
Welcome jbp. Not much to add to the excellent advice from the others.  You will never know until you give sly a try, but from your photo you should be able to handle the look well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:56:10 AM »

[...]look at this pic and tell me what yall think.  I know bald can not be the answer with this build.

Welcome jbp7hl!  Glad you found us.

Bald is the answer for any build!

If I may quote Ben Stiller from Starsky and Hutch, "DO IT!  DO IT!"

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 05:57:51 AM »
welcome, glad you found us. go for it.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 07:37:31 AM »
Welcome, JPB.....yeah...go for it!!!

If any build deserves to be topped by a nicely slicked noggin it's a big guy like you.

My mentor--who owns a financial consulting frim in Atlanta, is about yer size (see pic) and there's all kinds of insecure guys not only concerned with their build....but with whether or not a SLY bean fits into the white collar world.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »
Welcome JP Don't sweat your build I have seen every thing from 6'6" 175 pounds to myself 5"6" 195 pounds on this board. IMO every one here looks good sly. As for your head shape like others have said go to a #1 or no guard and see what you think, although there was a differance for me from a #1 and shaved. I much prefur shaved.

Good Luck with your decision and give it a try after all the differance between shaved and a #2 is about 2-3 weeks

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 07:04:52 AM »
Glad you decided to join jp. I'll just say what everyone else has..........give it a shot. If you don't like it after 30 days it'll be back in no time.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!