Author Topic: Newbie with a dilemma.  (Read 8363 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Newbie with a dilemma.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
First off I have to say coming here makes me feel a whole lot better about my situation.  Glad to be a member.

My situation:  almost 30yrs old, single, low self confidence but I still try, anxiety problems, 6'6" tall @ 190lbs so I look really thin but I do have some muscles.

I have asked people how I would look buzzing my head and they are totaly against it.  I have a lot less hair than alot of the people on here that shaved there heads.  My front is almost gone.  I have been taking propecia for the last 4 months adn don't think it is doing anything but hurting my libido.  I want to buzz it but It will show all the bald areas and right now they are thinning but it still looks good somewhat except the front.  My hairline is going up and up and up.  I am just not dealing with it very well.  I don;t know what to do.  If i show you guys a pic you will all say definitely shave it, I am sure of that.  I just don't know if I should wait another year or what...Damn balding sucks.

First off gsxr, hi and welcome.  Glad you found us.    This is the place to get positive feedback for any decision YOU choose to make.   It seems you are caring too much about what others think and not thinking enough about how you need to feel.  No doubt a great deal of the anxiety you feel is from indecision.  You speak of making a lifestyle change.  There is no more positive lifestyle change than liberating yourself and becoming sly.  Reduce your anxiety by making a decision, to stay as you are or to change.  That change could be clipping it down and getting comfortable with that and then moving on to the next stage, shorter or growing it back.  Many of the guys here can speak to confidence and calmness you will feel when you have made the decision that is right for you.   I personally hope you make your decision very soon so that you can get on the road to healing and being comfortable with the real you.  Being sly CAN add fun, liberation, and confidence to your life.  Just continue to read the threads here.  Good luck and what ever your decision, know that the men and women here will support it. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:41:52 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline gsxr60097

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »
I guess like I said I am stuck in my late teens when anxiety ruined my life.  I need to get past that and let go.  Only then I can start to live again.  Believe me I am trying.  Thanks for all of the advice from everyone.  its nice to go someplace and not be judged.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
Welcome to SBG gsxr60097.  Please know that you have a whole world of support here anytime you need it.

Someone very important to me in my life deals with anxiety everyday as well.  Something that helps her through is a book by Paul Foxman called Dancing with Fear: Overcoming Anxiety in a World of Stress and Uncertainty

Keep hanging around here and I think you'll find reading and posting here in the forums might be a great therapy in itself.   ;)

Offline Lullaby

• "I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to break your legs" - Bas Rutten
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 04:13:42 PM »
I also suffer from what I would consider pretty severe anxiety and panic attacks. I'd go deeper into that but I think that's for another day heh. Shaving defiantly helped with my anxiety when I first did it. Not only because I felt more confident because of the new look, but because when you first do it you can't stop feeling it, thinking about it, ect and that is the key. Distraction is one of the most powerful tools you have when dealing with anxiety and shaving can give you that. 

Good luck, and know that you're not alone. O0

Offline gsxr60097

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »
Rhanks for the support guys.  It means alot to me.

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »
GSXR, I know exactly how you feel.I started thinning in my early 20s.I am 50 now.But in my day shaving wasn't an option.The style back then was long full heads of hair so I immediately bought a hairpiece.I wore it for years but only in the last year and a half I ventured to get brave and go without it in front of people I was comfortable with. I must admit though that I do care what people think.Some people told me I look better with the hair and others told me I look better without the piece. I personally think that either way I look ok. But whenever I would meet with the people that liked the hair I would wear the hairpiece and when I met people that liked me without it then I wouldn't wear it.

It felt more flattering to me to oblige people because this way whenever I was in their company I would feel confident thinking that I looked the way they found me attractive.It made me feel special that they found me attractive. I would feel self conscious if I thought that they liked my look better the other way.Like I said,I think I look good either way but I feel more flattered and special if I present myself the way people think I look better.It's nice to be complimented. 

Enter your email address: