Author Topic: My ponytail isn't going to be happy...  (Read 14246 times)

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
My ponytail isn't going to be happy...
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »
Hi,
Tomorrow is the big day, I can't wait until I shave it all off! I've got about 9 inches of hair coming out of the back of my head and I'm getting tired of taking care of it. Plus there is the fact that I'm only 18 and I've already begun the process of balding naturally. So for a boost in confidence and just for the general shock of the public I've decided it's time to shave my head!
I think it's great that a site like this is here for bald guys to share beauty tips, experiences and to just generally hang, but a female friend of mine was wondering if it's a male only thing, cause she's considering 'liberating' herself with me tomorrow at the barber ;D

Finally, no more chewing on my hair when I wake up! O0

"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: My ponytail isn't going to be happy...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
Welcome, slowhand (are you an Eric Clapton fan?)

Glad to have you with us....I know the exitement and anticipation!!!

It's a little weird ad first (don't worry about the pale shadow).

But in no time you'll be struttin' yer stuff and beaming the chrome....finding a whole new social presence and persona (trust me  O0)

Peace, brutha

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:14:17 PM »
Slowhand welcome to SBG's! are you going to be donating your hair to a cancer charity?  its a great cause and a good reason to go sly if you decide too.....you are in for a treat and a well deserved vacation from "hair management" by going sly...definetly a liberating feeling!....SBG's is not just a guy thing, i'm sure everyone here would love to have a "Sly Bald Gal" in the group.....look forward to hearing your sly experiences and don't forget to post some pics after going sly!
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »
Welcome SlowHand!! Congrats on making the decision to go slick. 

Let your lady friend know that she's more than welcome to join.  I think we have 4 or 5 other lady members as well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »
Welcome aboard Slowhand.  Kajun's got a great point.  You've got hair that a charity would really appreciate.  There is a lot to look forward to being sly and this is the place to be to get support for your decision.  Glad you're joining us.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:28:05 PM »
I'm definitely going to be donating my hair to Cuts for Cancer, in fact that's one of the reasons for my decision to shave. You see I've got an older friend who was just recently diagnosed with cancer, so I wanted to show my support for her.
And slowhand is a nickname I picked up from my guitar teacher.
CLAPTON IS GOD!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
Welcome to SBG slowhand, definatly glad you joined us. Are you just going clipper short or are you going to shave it with a razor after? This is a great place to be, to get/offer ideas and opinions and support if and when needed. Just exnay on the feminin terms BEAUTY Tips see postings under Man Laws  ^u!ez  ;D :*))
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
awesome Slowhand! its definetly a good deed and your doing the right thing to help support your friend...i wish her luck and strength in her fight.

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »
I've got to shave it right down. If I can't feel my scalp, I won't be satisfied. After all, if I'm going to cut off as much hair as I am, than there is no point in leaving anything behind. It's going to be total mayhem up there tomorrow! :x!
So if they aren't beauty tips then what are they? Has nobody ever called you beautiful? If not, don't worry, I won't be the first. ;D

spaceape48

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »
Welcome! We need more gals in here, especially sly ones. Looking forward to seeing your pics after you go sly- should look pimpin on ya.  O0

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »

So if they aren't beauty tips then what are they?

i call it "Egg Maintenance"!  :*))

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
If I can't feel my scalp, I won't be satisfied.

Hey, Clapton....er, I mean Slowhand

The funny thing is, when you first shave....and I mean with a razor, slick and smooth....you CAN'T feel yer scalp.

Most everyone here who can recall--myself included--report the virgin shavin' scalp as NUMB feeling...

Let us know how it feels O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 08:17:38 PM »
CLAPTON IS GOD!

I saw an interview with Clapton when the photo of the graphitti showing that saying written on a wall was displayed. At the bottom of the photo is a dog lifting his leg and relieving himself. Clapton's quote (paraphrased) "I guess that gesture says it all". From what I've seen of him, he seems quite humble for all the accolades heaped on him.

Back when he was supporting his "August" album (1987), I saw Robert Cray open up for Clapton. Still to date one of the best shows I have ever seen. I also saw when when Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) was playing with his band on the "Crossroads" tour.

Welcome to SBG and good luck with the shave.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 08:20:45 PM »
CLAPTON IS GOD!

I saw an interview with Clapton when the photo of the graphitti showing that saying written on a wall was displayed. At the bottom of the photo is a dog lifting his leg and relieving himself. Clapton's quote (paraphrased) "I guess that gesture says it all". From what I've seen of him, he seems quite humble for all the accolades heaped on him.

Back when he was supporting his "August" album (1987), I saw Robert Cray open up for Clapton. Still to date one of the best shows I have ever seen. I also saw when when Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) was playing with his band on the "Crossroads" tour.

Welcome to SBG and good luck with the shave.
Schro

Schromeister...yer not only a SLY kindered spirit...but you know yer rockers  O0

Knopfler is so smooth on them guitar riffs :@` :@` :@`
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:28:11 PM by Robmeister »

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 08:36:27 PM »
Dire Straits is one of my all time favorite bands. When I was in public accounting, one of my clients was "The Rosebud Agency". At the time (late 80's-early 90's), I got a chance to meet several of their acts (Cray, Los Lobos) and worked on the personal return of John Lee Hooker. Hooker is a character, shared an elevator with him after we had an hour meeting. What's ironic is, Stevie Ray Vaughn had just died a few weeks earlier in the plane accident and JLH told me they were in the planning stages of cutting an album together. How awesome would that have been?

Also, got to meet Robert Cray backstage on his "Midnight Stroll" tour. Nice dude.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.