Author Topic: The Great Depression  (Read 6016 times)

Offline PhriendOfChrist

• Sly Guy in Training
The Great Depression
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:58:02 AM »
Yo dawgs,

My head will be naked shortly.

That being said, I seem to have this depression on the top of my head at the very back.  Does anyone else have something like this?  It seems to be part ridge, part crater.   :-\

I fear what this is going to look like once I expose it for all the world to see.

So....does anyone else have something like this on their head?  (Heck, some photos would be great!)

Thanks,

PhriendOfChrist
Potential Butthead!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The Great Depression
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 04:25:23 AM »
Got a good dent, depression on top/back and even a "ridge" back bottom.  Strangely it doesn't really show.  It's more a mental thing.   I keep the shiny look as you want to and that really can help hide any imperfections too.  Get to it, Get Sly.  Know you will like it.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 05:06:07 AM »
Welcome to SBG PhriendOfChrist, I too have a ridge as you call it at the back of my head. It's almost at the bottom of the back of the skull, but I think that I'm the only one who realy notices it, because no one has ever said anything to me about it, and I've had lots of compliments on my scalped lid. I think the we ourselves tend to notice what we think are imperfections, more than other people do, due to the fact that we are all a little self concious, and tend to be more critical of ourselves than others. So I say go for it, don't let it hold you back from going Sly.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »
I have a nice little valley in the middle of my noggin.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:15:24 AM »
 :) Hello, PhriendofChrist. The Canadian Headblader has it about right. All the little nooks and crannies seem bigger to the shaver--who often shaves "by the fingers" rather than by sight--than to the rest of the world. Do not worry; they just add character. And, yes, shaving "tight" daily reduces their appearance. So get sly. BTW, there's a whole passel of chrome-domed saints and holy men, including Ignatius of Loyola, Charles Borromeo, Francis Borgia, Francis de Sales, Philip Neri, Peter of Alcantara, the Martyrs of North America, Vincent Ferrer, and the Apostle Paul. Saint Joseph is almost always depicted as bald or balding. Many seekers after Christ have shaved their head--including those who were not losing their hair [BBC]--as a sign that they would eschew vanity. This is Lent, a good time to take the plunge. Pax et lux, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »
It's like everyone else has said...It doesn't really show at all.  It's a mind thing.  What you are feeling with your hands doesn't actually show that way.  Go for it bro. Post a photo when your done so we can see the new sly look.

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I always thought that the depression at the back of my head was from a ceramic eagle that fell on my head as a kid, but thanks to this thread I've come to the realization that my head isn't so different from everyone elses. The hair on the heads of others has deprived me from the knowledge that my head is not mis-shaped and unique, but simply average.
I'm not sure how to feel now :-\
"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:57:01 PM »
You may feel average now Slowhand, but tomorrow.....you will feel exceptional.  It's great that you are thinking of others when you shave it.  Hope all goes well with your friend, I know because my sister and girlfriend are both survivors.  God Bless

"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »
I always thought that the depression at the back of my head was from a ceramic eagle that fell on my head as a kid

It could very well be!!!

Hell, I fell out of a car on the freeway when I was a kid.....I have all sorts of freakin' dents, divets & sh**!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:25:58 PM »
I always thought that the depression at the back of my head was from a ceramic eagle that fell on my head as a kid

It could very well be!!!

Hell, I fell out of a car on the freeway when I was a kid.....I have all sorts of freakin' dents, divets & sh**!!

that explains A-WHOLE-LOT. :*)) :*)) :*))

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

It could very well be!!!

that explains A-WHOLE-LOT. :*)) :*)) :*))

Makes me all the more loveable......you guyz almost lost me 30 years ago, man :'( :'(

spaceape48

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »
 :*)) Left yourself open for that one. Yeah, my dent is right on top in clear view. At first it was the first thing I noticed, now it's barely even a thought in my mind. Somewhere along the line we are made to think that if are not perfect in every aspect we are ugly or not normal....it's the other way around really. A model with no faults is the abnormal.

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »
 A model with no faults is the abnormal.
[/quote]

Right on bro.  O0