Author Topic: Head is always cold after shaving  (Read 3434 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Head is always cold after shaving
« on: October 14, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »
Is it normal to have always have a cold head after shaving? My head is always cold now at work with the AC on and when I'm outside in the wind. Will I eventually get used to it and my head will feel normal?

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: Head is always cold after shaving
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:55:33 PM »
You will get used to it.  How long have you been totally sly and how often do you shave your head? 

I am bald by choice and occasionally let my hair grow for a month or two just for fun (never lasts long lol) and if I go more then a few weeks without shaving my head, which is very very rare, I'll still get that brisk cold feeling on the dome for a day or two.  The first time I ever went totally smooth and sly it took almost a week before I was used to it and didn't notice.  I asked about how often you shave because I've also found of you don't shave every day then it may take a little longer for it to go away.

Also... You don't truly know "cold head" until you've splashed some osage rub on a freshly shaved dome. That is officially chilled to the bone hahaha
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Re: Head is always cold after shaving
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 06:35:49 AM »
Well SlycatCrossing has a point, and im sure you will get accustomed to it in some measure, but depending what weather conditions you encounter in your life, it may never leave. My dad has been bald for over 30 years and he still gets a frozen head when ever he goes out in the cold winters or gets near a AC in the summers. I mean, your head and feet are the top places that absorb or release heat, so when you shave your head youre basically baring a huge sponge to the wind.

If youre normally in any weather under 50 degrees, you will likely feel a cold chill on your head fairly frequently. Where i live, in the winters it can be single digits fahrenheit for weeks on end, and theres no escaping a frozen head when you walk out the door without a hat. Same with our summers, it peaks around 85 consistently for the summer but if you walk into a air conditioned room, youre going to feel cold on the north pole.

Just personal knowledge from my dad and an array of bald men ive known my whole life. It seems to be a lifelong struggle to keep the head warm or cool when youre bald!