Author Topic: Teenager shaving his head?  (Read 2945 times)

Offline MaybeBaldTeen

• Learning the way of Sly
Teenager shaving his head?
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »
Hello everyone.
I am 16 years old at the time and have no balding issues at all, but I have been considering to shave my head at least for a couple months (Example: From September to December). I've shaved it off to #0 once before, and it felt both nice and weird, but it grew back before I had decided if I liked it or not. My hair is red/brown, so I don't know how noticeable it will be.

I've had a buzzcut for the last few months, usually #3 or 2#, and I think I am ready to try going for the big thing, but I'm still nor sure if I should. Last time I did it I had little to no problems with my school, so that isn't an issue, but I live in an area with mixed weather, so the climate might be one. My forehead is kinda big, and that could be a problem. It might be a bit embarrassing at first, but maybe it will help me boost my self confidence. Another idea I have is to use halloween as an excuse to do it, dressing as a character with no hair.

Now, I have some questions to ask:
Should I do it?
Will it be very noticeable after I shave it? Will it be too pale?
What can I do if I make any mistake/Regret it?
What alternatives there are?
What should I consider?
What problems could I find?
What kind of reactions should I expect?
What do you think when you see a bald 16 y/o? What will people think?
Any other advice?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Teenager shaving his head?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:18:00 AM »
Now, I have some questions to ask:
Should I do it?

Sounds like a nice idea. You'd be BBC, I'm BBC. Quite a few guys on here who don't have to shave their heads, but they like the style. Go for it.

Will it be very noticeable after I shave it? If you are already at a #2, take it down to a #1 for a week, then #0 for a week, then break out the razor. Good process.

Will it be too pale? It likely will be somewhat pale, but that fades over time. You're moving into summer in Columbia, so that should be good for it.

What can I do if I make any mistake/Regret it? You'll be back to a #1 in a week, Wear a hat for a few days.

What alternatives there are? Alternatives, keep the hair, and miss out on a wonderful experience of being bald. The smooth shaved head is a wonderful feel. The first month or so, you'll be rubbing your head a lot, Just taking in the new feel. But to keep it up smooth, you'll likely need to shave daily or every other day.  Let the beard grow, if you can.

What should I consider?

What problems could I find? Can you afford the blades?

What kind of reactions should I expect? Probably nothing, or perhaps a few bald jokes. Lots of confidence.

What do you think when you see a bald 16 y/o? What will people think? I think .... now there's a guy who is willing to step out and be an individual. He can handle it. I think it looks sharp.
Any other advice?