Author Topic: What is your fitness routine  (Read 15222 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: What is your fitness routine
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »
I have a good fitness routine. Best i have ever tried!

I get up at 9am, have a healthy breakfast and then head out to the Gym. I usually walk to the gym which can take approx an hour.

Once i get to the gym i then turn around and go back home!! Phew!! What a hard routine! 3 times a week too!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 07:05:00 AM »
I've only just started StrongLifts.  I'm doing it by the book, which means that having done day 1 of week 3 today I'm still not lifting enormous amounts yet.  Definitely moving in the right direction though, and for the first time in my life I look forward to training.

Keep up with it, I did SL for about 4 months or so and have now been on Madcow for about 2 months, maybe longer.  Focus on good form when the weights are light and it will carry you through when the weights get heavy.  Any they get heavy sooner then you think.

Have fun. 

What made you move from SL to MC?  I've just started week 5 and still enjoying the workouts, although barbell row and OHP are the most difficult so far.

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:01 AM »
I've only just started StrongLifts.  I'm doing it by the book, which means that having done day 1 of week 3 today I'm still not lifting enormous amounts yet.  Definitely moving in the right direction though, and for the first time in my life I look forward to training.

Keep up with it, I did SL for about 4 months or so and have now been on Madcow for about 2 months, maybe longer.  Focus on good form when the weights are light and it will carry you through when the weights get heavy.  Any they get heavy sooner then you think.

Have fun. 

What made you move from SL to MC?  I've just started week 5 and still enjoying the workouts, although barbell row and OHP are the most difficult so far.

I switched from SL when I started failing on all of my lifts consistently.  OHP are by far my weakest.  I peaked at 110 lbs and am only now getting even close to that weight again, although I think that I am going to get past it this time.  Rows have also been challenging, but I have been progressing steadily.

When I switched, it was time and I noticed that when I deloaded, my form was much better after the deload then even when I was originally at the weight.

Keep pressing on SL and I think you will know when its time to switch.  Make the journey your own. 

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
Will do, thanks. 
OHP and barbell row are the most difficult for me.

Offline oilpulling

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 05:40:47 AM »
When you decide to create the most effective workout routine possible to reach your specific fitness goal, there is an important question you need to ask yourself first.

oil pulling coconut oil

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
Generally speaking, I lift weights at the gym four to five days a week between 1 hr. and 1 hr. and a half of each day. The only cardio I do is outside of the gym, which is walking and running. I'm also into kickboxing, but nothing very competitive; it's mostly to stay in shape. Speaking of competitive, I'm trying to get back into volleyball. I was a volleyball athlete in high school and college, and I really miss it.