Author Topic: Are foil shavers good for shaving heads?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Jumberlack

• Learning the way of Sly
Are foil shavers good for shaving heads?
« on: July 28, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
i'm considering getting a foil shaver to use mainly for my head. but i'm wondering if they're any good for that? how close would they get, compared to a razor shave? probably not quite as close, but would it atleast feel smooth?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Are foil shavers good for shaving heads?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:11:59 AM »
I have yet to hear of any shaver that can get as smooth as the razor.

You probably will feel some Velcro-like stubble regardless of which brand or model you use.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
I use a Remington triple-foil shaver on my head every morning and I love it.  A straight shave is nice but I still got the stubbly feeling a couple of hours or so afterward, so it's not worth the effort to me.  You don't have to worry about razor burn with a foil shaver and it's not as messy.  My head feels fairly smooth but not slick, but that's okay because I'm not in the habit of rubbing my head throughout the day.

Offline Jumberlack

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
I decided to pick up a Braun Series 1 foil shaver today at walmart, and it worked quite well. i did have to go over some spots multiple times but i might just need to get used to it.

my head feels quite smooth after using it, not quite *as* smooth as a razor shave but pretty close. i'm happy with it so far.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
Back in the winter, I went back to having some hair up top (what little there is) to see if I could still get some semblance of a flattop...something I never did when I had more hair. The flattop would look better if I had the sides/back really short. One day I asked the barber if he could make the sides/back any shorter, so it would last longer between haircuts. He asked if I wanted it shaved and used a foil shaver. I had never used an electric shaver on my face so it was a new experience.  It worked fine for me.   

Enter your email address: