Author Topic: Best way to shave your head?  (Read 9135 times)

Offline Headgas

• Sly Guy in Training
Best way to shave your head?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
I found the micro touch and I got some shave soap. I don't have a brush so I just lather it up on my head. Best shave ever!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Best way to shave your head?
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »
I found the double edge safety razor to be the most satisfying. I like my morning headshave to last at least 30 minutes. Pre- shave oil, shaving soap, brush, and 3 passes in different directions, constant 're-lathering. The concentration and scraping sound, priceless! Never have my irritation.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 09:59:56 PM »
Put me in the DE and SE camp.  If you want something closer to a cart with cheaper blades, try an injector.  I just spent a week using a PAL adjustable.  It's a great razor, and you can get blades from Ted PELLA for around a quarter apiece.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
I've been using the Dollar Shave Club executive razors.  For $9 US per month they are delivered to my door.  I find them to be of very high quality and give me a great shave.  The executive has 6 blades.  For my next order I switched to the 4X blades hoping maybe the narrower razor might easier to maneuver.

For the slickness, I've been using Head Slick.  However, I've been curious about using soap and a brush.  Can anyone point me to a good brand?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 05:55:07 PM »
Which blades are you using on the HeadBlade?  Have you tried different blades to see if you get a better result?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 05:12:26 AM »
Hey Tyler,

I don't actually use the HeadBlade.  I use the Dollar Shave Club razor handle.  I tried the HeadBlade when I first start shaving my head but I wasn't comfortable with it.  I was using the Fusion and liked it, but they are so blessed expensive.  The DSC razors work very well for me.  I've toyed with the idea of trying a safety razor, but they scare me a bit.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 02:14:21 AM »
Ah, gotcha!  Have you tried Dorco blades yet?  I've had good luck with their blades in the past.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 05:32:17 AM »
I still haven't worked up the nerve.  I've read so many posts of guys who've switched and ended up bloody before they got used to it.  When I'm happy with what I'm using I'd need a good reason to switch.  A good close shave is a good reason, but, again, I'm afraid of slicing my scalp.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 08:19:01 PM »
I still haven't worked up the nerve.  I've read so many posts of guys who've switched and ended up bloody before they got used to it.  When I'm happy with what I'm using I'd need a good reason to switch.  A good close shave is a good reason, but, again, I'm afraid of slicing my scalp.

Dollar Shave Club uses DORCO carts.  You can usually get them cheaper directly from dorcousa.com.

Enter your email address: