Author Topic: Rogaine - Worth the worry/ $$  (Read 1161 times)

Offline ReadytoMoveOn

• Learning the way of Sly
Rogaine - Worth the worry/ $$
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
Hey everyone, so just wanted tog get some quick opinions on the Rogaine/ Minoxidil.

I have been very on the fence about this product for a couple reasons;
1) Side effects including shedding to make the hair worse and aging face - im not into the idea of creating a problem through trying to solve one in the first place and these side effects just seem to add more worry to my existing hair distress.
2) I consider myself a more natural person and dont really believe in this daily type of medication process.

The thing is I believe in the idea that "every action has a reaction" and therefore find it hard to believe that using this medication everyday will have absolutely no alternative affects on the body i.e. aging of the face

What do you guys think about this?

Thanks for any responces!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Rogaine - Worth the worry/ $$
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
Quick answer: Not worth the risk. I have no desire to mess around with my body's chemistry if I don't need to.

From what I have read and been told by a few doctors, the results typically are minimal at best - and you must continue to use the stuff every day for the rest of your life to have any hope of maintaining those results. Not worth it from a financial perspective either, in my opinion.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Rogaine - Worth the worry/ $$
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:04:47 PM »
Aging of the face?? That stuff ages you?  The last thing I'd want to be is a prematurely wrinkled bald guy!  You're a natural kind of guy - don't to it!  Young and natural and bald - that's the way to go!
Bronx bald and bred!