Author Topic: Another guy who is going bald  (Read 1095 times)

Offline stoneman

• Learning the way of Sly
Another guy who is going bald
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »
Didn't see this intro section until I posted in the 30 Day thread. Anyway...

Hey guys, I'm Stoney, 25, and I finally went sly! Ever since I started noticing my hair thinning a year or so ago, I've been tossing the idea of shaving my head bald.  I finally got sick of looking at the contrast between my full hair and balding area, and went for it this morning. I think I like it but I can't stop patting my head (it feels so weird haha). Anyway,  I've been lurking these forums for a week, getting info on things before the transformation. My 30 day trial starts today!

I got some questions (which I'm currently looking through the forums for answers for) that hopefully some of you can help with:

Do you guys use after shave on your head after shaving?

Is my head gray because I need a tan to match my skin tone or is it because I didn't shave close enough? I tried shaving with the grain and then against it, but not much of a difference.

I got sensitive skin and was planning on just going with the grain but it didn't happen; I got irritation, which I was afraid would happen. Should I just shave with the grain until my skin gets use to it?

Thanks guys. I'm real excited and can't wait to see what my family and co-workers think.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Another guy who is going bald
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »
Welcome to SBG!

Do you guys use after shave on your head after shaving?
I use Bee Bald "Clean" or "Heal"

I can't stand anything strongly scented.

Is my head gray because I need a tan to match my skin tone or is it because I didn't shave close enough?
Two things: your head skin will darken with time to match the rest of your face. Also, you may be seeing "the shadow". This is the part of the hair that's below the skin line. Gotta live with it.

I got sensitive skin and was planning on just going with the grain but it didn't happen; I got irritation, which I was afraid would happen. Should I just shave with the grain until my skin gets use to it?
Skin does toughen up with time. Some guys, like me, need to shave only every other day to avoid irritation.

Offline stoneman

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Another guy who is going bald
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the intel man!