Author Topic: Hi  (Read 933 times)

Offline bearmedic

• Sly Guy in Training
Hi
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
Hello everyone. Live and work in Texas as an Emt. Will be 30 this year. Decided to shave it all off this past week, and found this site looking for advice on care.  My wife of 7 years is still trying to get use to it.  The kids just look at me funny. I also have been trying to grow a beard with not much success comes in kinda thin. Loving the bald but fearing to much sun being that I can be in the ambulance for many hours in and out all day. Any advice for the new guy would be most appreciated. Thanks

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
Welcome! As far as your concerns about the sun, do you guys have caps as part of your uniform? If not, a good sunscreen would help. As far as beards, most take a good two to three months to start developing, you just have to be patient. Again, enjoy the forum and feel free to ask any questions!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »
Welcome.  A cap or good sunscreen is sensible especially until your scalp gets a bit of colour and toughens up.  A bonus that your wife is on board; the kids will get used to you very quickly.
Roger

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
G'Day Bear mate  O0

Welcome to the Fortress Of The Follicly Challenged

Just follow the advice Sir Harry and Nuts and your scone will right and sunburn free.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
Welcome - and thanks for all the work you do in your line of work
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: