Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Cyber$cout

• Learning the way of Sly
Hey guys
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »
Saying hello looking for best tips on shaving and maintaining a bald, I'm black and right now I shave with the grain but I want a cleaner shave, wondering what's the best razor to use to shave against the grain.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »
Welcome! When shaving against the grain, this is a small list of what I would invest in:

Shave Secret
Shaving brush to mix Shave Secret
Bump Patrol.
A Headblade with Headslick

When you apply your lather/gel/shaving cream with a brush, it loosens the hair to give you a cleaner shave. As far as razors, I use HeadBlade or a double-edge safety razor. With the Headblade, I would get a bottle of HeadSlick and mix it with shave secret. Most Headblades are designed to shave against the grain. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
Welcome aboard.  After trying several different razors, my best shaves still come from using Headslick with the Gilette Fusion.  This combinations seems to give me the most lasting smooth shave.  After shaving a cold water rinse and application of aloe vera gel seems to help.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline EmoonE

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
My new regimen is using Bump Patrol products shave gel and aftershave. I have done some research online and found this site as well as videos on YouTube. The video that seemed to grab my interest about getting a really close shave for African American hair types is the Bump Patrol video. Good luck to you and stay close to this site....it really is informative!
Never forget to remember...