Author Topic: Not sure what to do??  (Read 15036 times)

Offline Red87

• Learning the way of Sly
Not sure what to do??
« on: May 22, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »

Hi everyone, just registered and looking for some advice. I've been balding for a while now and I've got an odd shaped head. In the photo I've buzzed my head a 0 on the sides 1 on top. I've tried wet shaving my head and didn't like the look of it. I also tried buzzing it with clippers and no guard an thought that looked better than a wet shave but still not good. It's depressing me as I dont like my head shape but i know soon there will be no option but to go completely bald. Any advice?? Thanks in advance.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: Not sure what to do??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:38:42 PM »
Hi red you look great in the photo, you have a fantastic head shape ( at least from that side!).  If you are happy with the 0 and 1  cut that's fine.  Your hairline would be less obvious if you shaved or ad a 0 or no guard all over.  Go for it and do the 30 days, you will then wonder what on earth you were worried about.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:33:40 AM »
Welcome, Red!

What is shown in your photo is not bad if you don't want to go all the way just yet. That look is good at least until/unless the horseshoe starts developing. I think the first time we shave, it's always a shock factor, but after a while, we get used to it. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:49:59 AM »
Welcome to SBG.

I agree with Dragon. If you have not given your photo hair length a 30 day trial, do that. When I used to sport that length of hair, I ran the clippers 2x per week, as hair grows fast at that length and I wanted to keep the look consistent. Buzzing 2x per week also helps develop the routine in case you want to shave your head.

The look of shaved bald vs this 0/1 buzz is mostly about feel.  As you read here on SBG, most guys, once they experience the feel of a shaved head, that is their go-to preference.

Your head shape looks fine. Nothing to worry about there.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:05:14 AM »
Looks fine to me.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 05:41:59 AM »
you look great with short buzz and I am sure fully shaven.  Head shape is fine. 

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
You have nothing to worry about, you look great.  hey it great being bald.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 07:28:35 AM »
Welcome, the buzz looks great , just give your self time to adjust to the new look. Shaving can come in time if you decide to venture on.   O0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:34:19 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:29 AM »
How many times have we seen posts like this where someone with a perfectly normal shaped head thinks his head is oddly shaped? 

As others have pointed out, it takes time to get used to seeing your head with little or no hair on it.  The zero-guard buzz in your photo looks just fine. Relax and give yourself time to adjust.

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »
First off, welcome. Secondly you have the exact same head shape as a co-worker of mine and he's bald and nobody says his head shape is odd. There really isn't a bad head shape. You are being too critical. Take out the razor and enjoy the bald life. You'll enjoy it.

Offline Red87

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies all. I'm going to go with the clipper no guard all over. I prefer the sand paper feel to smooth at the moment. Maybe in the future ill razor shave it. I'm looking at clippers and these seem to have good reviews https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Five-Star-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464030708&sr=8-1&keywords=wahl+5+star+balding+clipper any recommendations for clippers? Thanks again.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies all. I'm going to go with the clipper no guard all over. I prefer the sand paper feel to smooth at the moment. Maybe in the future ill razor shave it. I'm looking at clippers and these seem to have good reviews https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Five-Star-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464030708&sr=8-1&keywords=wahl+5+star+balding+clipper any recommendations for clippers? Thanks again.

Highly recommend the Wahl balding! Once you get the hang of them, they are great!

Offline Red87

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 05:34:14 PM »
Thanks mate, think I will go with them.

Offline Red87

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »

Took it down to no guard and got out in the sun for a bit, maybe I can enjoy the bald life after all......

Offline Stoots

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
Looks fine to me!   8)